Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best sniping software for e-bidding?

Best sniping software for e-bidding?

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend some good sniping software for some of the popular ebidding sites, to often I am outbid at the last second - damn frustrating.

B/R

www.ezsniper.com/ is one I have used. Works fine and you get a few free goes before they ask for some money.

simple just bid a higher max bid than the other bidder is prepared to pay , if others want it more they will win ,sniping is fine for buying ,not so good if you are selling .Ifeel we should treat it as a auction not a race to get the best software.

All I do is look at the item I'm interested in buying, decide what it's worth & how much I'm prepared to pay. Enter that onto maximum bid & if you get it for less happy days, if you don't win then its sold for more than you were prepared to pay anyway.
    Wingy

The problem with bidding early is that you can find your bid being nibbled at. Someone (seller or not) can keep incrementing their bid until they outbid you. Then retract their last bid leaving you paying your max even if no-one else is bidding against you.

Sniping is like a sealed bid, the person who bid the most when the hammer falls gets it. I prefer to manually snipe, and practice on BINs to improve my times When I'm not around for the finish, Amherst Robots Inc. handle my bids.

I use Auction Sniper

Auction Sniper: eBay Sniper and eBay Bidding snipe, bid sniping for eBay

which I find excellent.

Set the max you are prepared to pay and forget it.

A few (5?) free snipes then just pennies per use after that which are easily saved from time gained?
    Handle every stressful situation like a dog. If you can't eat it, hump it or learn from it then piss on it and walk away.

"HOSPITALITY" - the art of making guests feel at home (when you wish they were).

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttie View Post
    The problem with bidding early is that you can find your bid being nibbled at. Someone (seller or not) can keep incrementing their bid until they outbid you. Then retract their last bid leaving you paying your max even if no-one else is bidding against you....
    Agree. I have only used an auction sniper a couple of times, but I did get my Argocat using an auction sniper. Regards JCS

Thanks all I have checked the links out and did a google.

The reason I ask is like anyone else, I want the cheapest, if anyone wants to go to the top bid straight away thats thier perogative, mine is to haggle, and not show my top price at the first drop, if someone does go over my top bid, fair play to them, I wish I had time to watch the clock tick down, then such a tool would not be necessary.

Laters,

Quote Originally Posted by baconbuttie View Post
    The problem with bidding early is that you can find your bid being nibbled at. Someone (seller or not) can keep incrementing their bid until they outbid you. Then retract their last bid leaving you paying your max even if no-one else is bidding against you.
    it doesn't work like that if one bid is retracted then all their bids are the price then reverts to the original
    a barony original

Quote Originally Posted by landkeeper View Post
    it doesn't work like that if one bid is retracted then all their bids are the price then reverts to the original
    Goes to show the last time I placed a bid that was more than the starting price Cheers.