Thread: New member to the forum. Just introducing myself!

New member to the forum. Just introducing myself!

Hi all, new member to the forum. Live in Huddersfield and I've been a browser for some time but found so much to interest me here, I thought I'd take the plunge and join in. Although I gained my DSC1 in 2002 I have only just applied for my level 2. Still consider myself very much a novice as my first boy came along in 2003 (bad timing lol) and as a result he and boy number 2 arriving in 2008 have resulted in me only being able to make my stalking trips infrequently over the last ten years. I'm now right at it (work permitting) and I'm very keen to learn from others with anything to teach me. I have stalked mainly up in Sutherland and Galloway, but I would really like to know if theres anywhere nearer that I could maybe get to within a day? Bowland, Dales, Lincolnshire, Cheshire, Lakes etc. Anyway I'll end now and I look forward to involving myself in future discussions and sharing knowledge.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses

Quote Originally Posted by JAYB View Post
    Welcome to the site,

John
    Thanks John appreciate the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    hello
    Hello and thanks for the reply

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Nulli Secundus View Post
    Hi all, new member to the forum. Live in Huddersfield and I've been a browser for some time but found so much to interest me here, I thought I'd take the plunge and join in. Although I gained my DSC1 in 2002 I have only just applied for my level 2. Still consider myself very much a novice as my first boy came along in 2003 (bad timing lol) and as a result he and boy number 2 arriving in 2008 have resulted in me only being able to make my stalking trips infrequently over the last ten years. I'm now right at it (work permitting) and I'm very keen to learn from others with anything to teach me. I have stalked mainly up in Sutherland and Galloway, but I would really like to know if theres anywhere nearer that I could maybe get to within a day? Bowland, Dales, Lincolnshire, Cheshire, Lakes etc. Anyway I'll end now and I look forward to involving myself in future discussions and sharing knowledge.
    Hi Andy
    In Bowland the FC are hoping to offer guided stalking on sika stags again I gather, anyway for the the North per se contact the Head Ranger at Kielder Philip Spottiswood (philip.spottiswood@forestry.gsi.gov.uk) in the Lakes try the BASC for Laurie Walton or his son at Thirlmere or Jonathan Standing on http://www.organiclivestock.co.uk/deerstalking.html or for East Yorkishire John Robson of this site, yorkshiredeerstalking. I can't help with Cheshire or Lincs I'm afraid.
    These are all personal recommendations, I've no financial benefit in them!
    All the best
    Nick

Welcome from another newbie to the site