Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DSC1 in Essex

DSC1 in Essex

I have just completed my DSC1 run by BASC in Essex. I am a total novice regarding deer stalking, but I found the course very interesting. Most of the people came from a shotgun background with one or two who were already stalking, so a good mix of people.Now the wait begins for the result, overall I was happy with my performance (there is always room for improvement). Time to stick in for a variation, I was thinking of a .308 as I already load for a 7.5 x 55. Next on the agenda is to get some experience (not to shoot yet but handling etc)

The wait is over I have passed. Time for the .308 and the 297/230

Congrats on passing

Neil.

thanks, now to get plenty of range time in

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    The wait is over I have passed. Time for the .308 and the 297/230
    Hi tony glad to hear you've passed I just received confirmation too that I passed the dsc1, I was on the same course as you at the Epping shooting ground , seems like an age ago now, have you got your cert through yet? Atb John

Quote Originally Posted by sharkbait View Post
    Hi tony glad to hear you've passed I just received confirmation too that I passed the dsc1, I was on the same course as you at the Epping shooting ground , seems like an age ago now, have you got your cert through yet? Atb John
    Glad you passed as well. We seemed to have a good bunch of blokes on the course.
    The woman who deals with this at BASC has been off sick.But the info has been sent off so the certificates can be sent out.
    Its like being a kid at Christmas .
    I plan on doing the intermediate one sometime, hopefully sooner reather than later

Glad you passed as well. We seemed to have a good bunch of blokes on the course.
    The woman who deals with this at BASC has been off sick.But the info has been sent off so the certificates can be sent out.
    Its like being a kid at Christmas .
    I plan on doing the intermediate one sometime, hopefully sooner reather than later
    I know what you mean oh happy days did you find out how any of the others got on?

no, have you heard anything?

no, have you heard anything?
    No mate, so excited when I found out that I passed , it went straight out of my head to ask how everyone else got on , got my head in the lee reloading manual at mo, trying to get my head round that you still off to the shooting show next month?

Yes, I dont know weather to go Saturday or Sunday. What about you?
    What are you reloading for?