Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I over reacting?

Am I over reacting?

I've been into shooting since being a young sprog but got into rifles now about 10 years ago. I caught up with an old friend of my dads who took me out stalking and although we never got anything I was hooked. This friend arranged through one of his contacts a stalking trip in the very north of Scotland at a bargain price and we did this four years running. Now this mate has no car and has never driven although he chipped in on fuel.
    A couple of years ago my brother was down on his luck and I took him out shooting a few times and he was hooked. Again no car so i drove and got fuel money now and again. this was pick up & drop off door to door. I then landed lucky and got a syndicate spot in the borders. The year later I get both of them into the syndicate & as I work shifts book our weekends there so that I can drive.
    In August my dad passed away and my brother acquired his guns ( only shotguns) and his pickup truck.
    Next thing my brother & mate are out shooting all over the place including the stalking syndicate & I don't even get a phone call to see if I'm interested in going.
    So thrown my teddy out
    Wingy

Thats what families do to you, you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family, they generaly take the p**s.
    AT THE AGE OF 50 I DECIDED I WAS GOING TO GROW OLD F***ING DISGRACEFULLY

Yes.... Less work, more stalking...

Joking aside if their only taking their quota in the syndicate then theyll be finished there soon enough..

Can see where your coming from tho
    Blessed be the sheeple for they shall inherit bugger all...

beleive me you can pick your freind but not your family
    Official Sponsor to Team GB F Class

Have you told him your not happy? He may think your busy and not want to gloat that he has spare time.....or he's taken advantage and you have every right to get the hump. Have a chat and you'll soon find out. Or say 'right were going shooting on such a date and your driving ill bring the pies' is he an sd member? He may find out off here your ticked off.

Quote Originally Posted by seanct View Post
    Have you told him your not happy? He may think your busy and not want to gloat that he has spare time.....or he's taken advantage and you have every right to get the hump. Have a chat and you'll soon find out. Or say 'right were going shooting on such a date and your driving ill bring the pies' is he an sd member? He may find out off here your ticked off.
    Don't know if any of them are SD members but already had it out with brother. His reply we've just been up to the Solway fowling got season passes you can give ****** a ring he might have a couple of passes left!

It gets worse when you get old and festered like me.
    I have never had any shooting family members but my mother did catch trout in the stream on our farm.
    Some of my `friends` who I have assisted with shooting, stalking etc. over the years have been sadly lacking in support.
    HWH.

Quote Originally Posted by 1967spud View Post
    beleive me you can pick your freind but not your family
    Oh couldnt agree more.... A few years ago I was pressured by the family to stand garentour for a family member.... Lets just say I wish I f@kin hadn't.....

My 2 p's worth forget them and go and enjoy yourself..

Nutty

I threw the teddy out over a stalking related matter a few weeks ago and while I felt better at the time I now wish I had handled the situation better .teddy throwing and red mist moments come wether you are 10 or 110 .deer and stalking often are emotive subjects I can see why you feel pi€€ed off .if it's family then it will have to be sorted sooner or later ,mates as was my case well that's a different matter you gotta ask yrself were they a mate in the first place ?
    Regards
    norma

Not good and sorry to hear about your Dad Martin.