Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is muntjac classed as vermin?

Is muntjac classed as vermin?

Hi there just a quick question, is muntjac classed as vermin? If it is can they be shot with a .222 or a .223 whilst having that rifle for vermin control?

No, just isn't protected by a closed season.

Atb Matt

Try & get aolq on your rifle, min cal is .220
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

No. You need to have deer on your ticket.

must also be a minimum weight of 50 grains produce a minimum of 1000 ft/lbs as well as being a minimum calibre of .220".

Atb Matt

Quote Originally Posted by 006remmaj View Post
    Hi there just a quick question, is muntjac classed as vermin? If it is can they be shot with a .222 or a .223 whilst having that rifle for vermin control?
    If you are planning on going deer stalking why not do your DSC1 as it will give you a good grounding in the basics. That or go out with an experienced person and learn the ropes.

Was just a question as someone said this was the case, I have a 275 for shooting deer and vermin, just seems like another of those common sense situations!

You have 275 conditioned for deer and you were unsure of what status they were?
    A look on BDS/BASC deer section would of given you the correct answer surely.
    Too Old Soon Too Late Smart

SD Regular
    No. But very definitely in my late father's day ROE DEER were seen as "vermin"!

You need your 222 or 223 seperately conditioned for small deer or have the AOLQ condition for those calibres.
    My 22-250 was conditioned for fox, vermin and ground game and had a seperate condition for CWD and Muntjac.
    I now have it conditioned for fox and AOLQ, when i picked up my licence after the recent variation i queried the condition and was told by my licensing office the the single fox and AOLQ condition for the 22-250 covers CWD and muntjac.

Ian.