Thread: a worthy news article!

I'm astounded a balanced article from the mail... By god what is happening to Fleet Street?

Hey Paul probably "well written" would a good start!

Cheers
    Pete.

What a great article, someone who tells it like it is
    Great to see.
    Cheers
    TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

For me, as a foreigner, a great article, well balanced and open minded, I would like to read articles like this much more often in the regular press....!
    But there is still one idea or thought in it, I am just concerned about: Its a lot about the money spend on hunting.... Does it give people the idea of hunting as a very expensive hobby for rich people...?
    I am not rich at all, I have to work hard for my huntings, and I am always trying to spend just a little money on it, e.g. by doing swap hunts or offering my dogs sevices for free hunting.....
    Ahh, the pictures in this article are all great and very sensual, they reflect the emotions out in the field just perfect!

Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Hurrah!,............ a real balanced view for a welcome change, I enjoyed it.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Yep.
    Normally the Daily Mail is all like "and that's when the poachers murdered the Dartmoor Demon, a 9ft Muntjac stag known for his incredible antlers. Thought to be Britains largest land mammal at 450lbs..........using high velocity rifles fitted with sniper scopes ...........the Dartmoor Demon would fetch £30000 from foreign poachers on the black market.......throat slit with machete as Johnny Kingdom looked on"

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    For me, as a foreigner, a great article, well balanced and open minded, I would like to read articles like this much more often in the regular press....!
    But there is still one idea or thought in it, I am just concerned about: Its a lot about the money spend on hunting.... Does it give people the idea of hunting as a very expensive hobby for rich people...?
    I am not rich at all, I have to work hard for my huntings, and I am always trying to spend just a little money on it, e.g. by doing swap hunts or offering my dogs sevices for free hunting.....
    Ahh, the pictures in this article are all great and very sensual, they reflect the emotions out in the field just perfect!

Michael
    Well the sort of driven shooting they're writing about is indeed hugely expensive. For a newcomer, it's also the most easily accessible. I suppose it's a product of the fact that there is almost no common right to shoot/hunt in the UK. Where are you from by the way?

Great article very well written.

Alba gu brąth

Sauer 101 6.5x55, Beretta Silver Pigeon 12g Over&Under

That makes a nice change, well written and informative.