a worthy news article!

For me, as a foreigner, a great article, well balanced and open minded, I would like to read articles like this much more often in the regular press....!
But there is still one idea or thought in it, I am just concerned about: Its a lot about the money spend on hunting.... Does it give people the idea of hunting as a very expensive hobby for rich people...?
I am not rich at all, I have to work hard for my huntings, and I am always trying to spend just a little money on it, e.g. by doing swap hunts or offering my dogs sevices for free hunting.....
Ahh, the pictures in this article are all great and very sensual, they reflect the emotions out in the field just perfect!

Michael

Yep.
Normally the Daily Mail is all like "and that's when the poachers murdered the Dartmoor Demon, a 9ft Muntjac stag known for his incredible antlers. Thought to be Britains largest land mammal at 450lbs..........using high velocity rifles fitted with sniper scopes ...........the Dartmoor Demon would fetch £30000 from foreign poachers on the black market.......throat slit with machete as Johnny Kingdom looked on"

For me, as a foreigner, a great article, well balanced and open minded, I would like to read articles like this much more often in the regular press....!
But there is still one idea or thought in it, I am just concerned about: Its a lot about the money spend on hunting.... Does it give people the idea of hunting as a very expensive hobby for rich people...?
I am not rich at all, I have to work hard for my huntings, and I am always trying to spend just a little money on it, e.g. by doing swap hunts or offering my dogs sevices for free hunting.....
Ahh, the pictures in this article are all great and very sensual, they reflect the emotions out in the field just perfect!

Michael
Well the sort of driven shooting they're writing about is indeed hugely expensive. For a newcomer, it's also the most easily accessible. I suppose it's a product of the fact that there is almost no common right to shoot/hunt in the UK. Where are you from by the way?

Back