Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blood Tray / White Plasterers Bath

Blood Tray / White Plasterers Bath

I bought a white plasterers bath a while ago from Travis Perkins (rather than the more common black):

From what I understand white ones are particularly hard to get hold of and even Travis Perkins don't stock them on a national basis. I've just come across one in ToolStation catalogue and it's available next day to most parts of the country for 29 in P&P (may take a few days to Highlands etc).

Not seen one in the flesh, but appears to be exactly the same as the one I've got and I can highly recommend - takes 3+ roe no probs and easy to clean as you can see the blood. Hope it's of use to someone:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand...0/sd140/p64497

Bought white one at my local Travis Perkins in Middlesbrough last week for 19 + vat. They had one left! Grab a bargain. Dog uses it as a swimming pool in the hot weather.

Williel

We have a couple of them there great for the larger species, especially the boar you can roll them in and then its much easier to lift the bath than a floppy carcass. It fits perfect on the back of the quad and then slides straight off there onto the tailgate of the pickup. Saves a lot of huffing and puffing and getting covered in crud

Wayne

They really are good! I can now handle a 200lb red easily on my own with one of these. Place it on it's side next to the animal and roll it in. Drags like a sledge to the back of the vehicle. Because it is so long, you can lift one end up onto the back of the vehicle. Then just lift the other end up and slide it in!! The lip/rim makes it so easy to lift. Mine cost 20 and appears to be indestructable!

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker
    They really are good! I can now handle a 200lb red easily on my own with one of these. Place it on it's side next to the animal and roll it in. Drags like a sledge to the back of the vehicle. Because it is so long, you can lift one end up onto the back of the vehicle. Then just lift the other end up and slide it in!! The lip/rim makes it so easy to lift. Mine cost 20 and appears to be indestructable!

Mmm, I wonder who taught you how to do that, after you had put your back out trying to get a pricket in your hairdressers 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by Stand Buck
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker

Mmm, I wonder who taught you how to do that, after you had put your back out trying to get a pricket in your hairdressers 4x4
    It was a 211 lb 'clean' pricket in my defence your honour!

Quote Originally Posted by stone
    211 clean
    that is massive
    any pics ?
    No sadly not.
    It was a 1yr 10 month old red stag with single spikes of about 18 inches in length each. I know that sounds huge, but that is quite normal for a young Thetford Red. I seem to remember just its head weighed about 20lb . If you ever get chance to see some of the adult stags it is well worth a visit to the area. They really are amazingly huge!

I seem to remember you broke the rail in the roe chiller that night, by hanging that little fella in there