How much money ?

chill123

How much money does the game dealer you use deduct if you knock out a shoulder or both shoulders on a deer carcass ? The one i use deducts 20p per pound off the overall weight .

Chill

If it's shot in the spine or within two fingers width of it and anymore then halfway down the beast, he won't buy it. If it's chest shot it's 90p pound (roe). if neck shot he might be generous and pay £1 lb. In relation to damage to the front, he always says, pin them through the shoulders, we only take the haunches the rest is pet food.

I try to take him as little as possible but sometimes circumstances are against me and I have to pass it on. I really need a better game dealer. I am hearing that people are getting much better prices than this - but it's been this price with him as long as I can remember.

Chris

Get £1.50 a lb irrelevant of where its shot (obviously if it was shot through the haunches I doubt he'd pay anything)

How much money does the game dealer you use deduct if you knock out a shoulder or both shoulders on a deer carcass ? The one i use deducts 20p per pound off the overall weight .

Chill

find another game dealer, it is just wrong to penalise a well shot deer.

Just got a cheque 28 days after delivery for 49 kg buck shot just under spine but forward of fillets for £1.40 /kg stating " saddle damage". Bit of a bugger really as 2 " lower and would have got another £30.

Nothing for sholders... I once handed in what I'd best describe as a collander and he still gave me the off-season £1.90 that every one else gets.

we get £2.60 KG even with both shoulders knocked out(.Collected also).We have been dealing with them for years no problems.
But if you hit the loins half price.

I pay £1.20 lb regardless of where they are shot,but,I have stood there and cut away all the green from a deer that was brought in gut shot,and that does help to concentrate the shooters mind I find,and you tend to get better shot carcases.After all said and done any green has to be cut away anyway so why should I take the hit.I read a post that said that a dealer dropped the price before Xmas which absolutely amazed me as Venison is flying out this year.

I pay £1.20 lb regardless of where they are shot,but,I have stood there and cut away all the green from a deer that was brought in gut shot,and that does help to concentrate the shooters mind I find,and you tend to get better shot carcases.After all said and done any green has to be cut away anyway so why should I take the hit.I read a post that said that a dealer dropped the price before Xmas which absolutely amazed me as Venison is flying out this year.

Is that fallow or Roe Martin? My dealer has just dropped fallow from £2.40 to £2.20/kg claiming market flooded! Roe stays the same at £2.50 I think.
They do not deduct for shoulders shot only saddle or haunch.

Just got a cheque 28 days after delivery for 49 kg buck shot just under spine but forward of fillets for £1.40 /kg stating " saddle damage". Bit of a bugger really as 2 " lower and would have got another £30.

49kg buck, is that a roe?

£3.00kg from Hubertus unless saddled or haunched..

sounds like prices are varying up and down the country, is there bigger demand for roe? or are reds just as valuable? looks like it does'nt make much difference to the price if they are chest shot either, will prices drop after this week or remain high well into the new year?

Chris your dealer has always taken advantage. I would seriously consider looking for another, it's not as if he pays top rates anyway. Contact Peterborough game and see if they collect in your area.

Back