Thread: Wild boar and game cam

Wild boar and game cam

HI,

last winter was quite mild and we had a massive mast of oaks. So wild boars (wb) were well reproducing.
    Soon they were beginning to damage the meadows and fields so we had to take care of them. In one special place (a meadow next to a forest) they digged up the whole place in just some nights and turned it black.

One night there were about 50 of them in three different groups. Fortunately it was a bit cloudy so the light reflections allowed it to shot one of them. A nice 62kg Ueberlaeufer.

After that they haven't been seen for some weeks until they showd up in the forest.

On the driven hunts in this area they shot last weeks records. 36 wb and 56. Incredible.

I don't want to know what will happen if the mast of oaks will decline next year

Happy hunting
    Last edited by XXHunterXX; 17-12-2012 at 11:24.

Nice boar, congrats!

I wish they would hurry up and come to Norway

Reminds me that I really need to organise another boar hunting trip over to Sweden.

Good luck.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    Nice boar, congrats!

I wish they would hurry up and come to Norway

Reminds me that I really need to organise another boar hunting trip over to Sweden.

Good luck.
    Jonathan,

between Germany and Norway is Denmark with one of the biggest pig production industry. I don't think they are keen in having wild boars around and will do everything to get rid of them as fast as possible.
    You don't have wild boars in Norway ???

Quote Originally Posted by XXHunterXX View Post
    Jonathan,

between Germany and Norway is Denmark with one of the biggest pig production industry. I don't think they are keen in having wild boars around and will do everything to get rid of them as fast as possible.
    You don't have wild boars in Norway ???
    We have a few come over from Sweden in the East of Norway, but we have a lot of hunters who quickly take them out. There are a lot of worried farmers who don't want them around and I can understand that, having seen the damage they can do when I was in Sweden hunting them.

I'm sure it's a matter of time before a few sneak through and establish themselves in the thick forests over here, at present there is no game season (no restrictions) for them, so when this does occur it's a case for the government's nature dept. to establish routines and seasons for their control.

Until then, it's easy enough to nip over to Sweden.

I look forward to seeing your future posts on your boar hunts.

Regards
    Jonathan

HI Jonathan,

well we are not that wild boar area. It all came up this year. Normaly we have about 3-5 boars a year. Not more. Might be that it will change in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonher View Post
    We have a few come over from Sweden in the East of Norway, but we have a lot of hunters who quickly take them out. There are a lot of worried farmers who don't want them around and I can understand that, having seen the damage they can do when I was in Sweden hunting them.

I'm sure it's a matter of time before a few sneak through and establish themselves in the thick forests over here, at present there is no game season (no restrictions) for them, so when this does occur it's a case for the government's nature dept. to establish routines and seasons for their control.

Until then, it's easy enough to nip over to Sweden.

I look forward to seeing your future posts on your boar hunts.

Regards
    I read that the swedish boar population originated from escaped farmed boar. Is this true??

Quote Originally Posted by Boarboy View Post
    I read that the swedish boar population originated from escaped farmed boar. Is this true??
    Sorry mate but I have no idea where they originated from, I'm sure one of our Swedish members will shine some light on it
    Jonathan