Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I hate flying

I hate flying

Because it's such a miserable experience these days, you are treated like a criminal from the start. And this is in the U.K.!
    At security it's belt off,empty pockets, jacket off and sometimes shoes off. You are left hirpling along holding your trousers up with one hand and wondering how the metal detector experience is going to go.

The next step will be orange jump suits and manacles, like in the film "Con-air".

And woe betide you if you are departing from a small airport at an off peak time.
    The security staff will probably outnumber the passengers, come up with some ridiculous "rules" and give you that "go ahead punk, make my day and talk back to me" look.

It's even worse abroad. I know of someone who landed at an American airport and had a pistol pointed him for the heinous crime of stepping over a yellow line. "Step back over the line....sir", said the female "Homeland Security" lady from behind her Glock.

Take me back to the BOAC days when there were Stewards and Stewardesses who spoke 3 languages.

Anyone else had "fun" travelling by air?.

Yours Moaningly,
    fraser

Flying can really suck sometimes. Ive had my fair share of fun! I feel your pain! Also had my fair share of fun too though.

Last edited by flyingfisherman; 17-12-2012 at 16:41.

I hate travelling, I hate commuting, buses, trains, etc. I'd rather walk or run to work and back or use the car if too far.

I drive on holiday to France, not only because of the dogs, but because I boycott the airline industry and think terorists are hiding everywhere waiting to kill the white race!! (ok, I'm lying..)

I think we can thank the likes of Richard Harris the shoebomber and other UK based terrorists for the hassle we get now.

I have had the opposite experience when arriving at a small airport "off peak" where there has been so little visible staff that I thought they had all packed up and went home!

To be honest, especially when travelling with my wife and kids, I am strangely reassured when armed cops/security are clearly visible.

I try to fly as little as possible,

but prefer Yorkshire airways

wait till they loose your luggage on a uk internal flight ,then the security dont want to know you when you point out ,my luggage has gone on a flight to another airport without me ,isnt that a security risk that is your job to prevent, the fear that i can now call the shots ,for a while made them even more officious ,i listening to them digging themselves into a hole was priceless

Love flyin, just chill security is a way of life these days better than being dead, as to loosing you luggage, I flew to st Louise code stl, luggage ends up in salt lake city Code slc, this is my camping gear, airline asks my campsite address and delivers it within two hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by private fraser View Post
    Because it's such a miserable experience these days, you are treated like a criminal from the start. And this is in the U.K.!
    At security it's belt off,empty pockets, jacket off and sometimes shoes off. You are left hirpling along holding your trousers up with one hand and wondering how the metal detector experience is going to go.

The next step will be orange jump suits and manacles, like in the film "Con-air".

And woe betide you if you are departing from a small airport at an off peak time.
    The security staff will probably outnumber the passengers, come up with some ridiculous "rules" and give you that "go ahead punk, make my day and talk back to me" look.

It's even worse abroad. I know of someone who landed at an American airport and had a pistol pointed him for the heinous crime of stepping over a yellow line. "Step back over the line....sir", said the female "Homeland Security" lady from behind her Glock.

Take me back to the BOAC days when there were Stewards and Stewardesses who spoke 3 languages.

Anyone else had "fun" travelling by air?.

Yours Moaningly,
    fraser
    stop moaning, the first time I flew in a plane I parachuted out of it! In fact I hated landing in them!

I fly all around the world and you get used to it. You ought to try flying into saudi mate. That will give you something to greet about

Last year was my worst ever for air travel and the more I do the more of a ball ache it becomes.

Even short haul flights to Norway etc are a pain, 3 flights from Glasgow just to get here.

Unfortunately I'm working away from family for Xmas and New Year this year but last year on 21st/22nd December I flew from Pointe-Noire in Congo to Glasgow and this was my route: Congo up to Lagos to Addis Ababa to Milan then Brussels to Schipol and finally hit Glasgow. Talk about the long way round! everyone passing security and the likes.

Loads of oil companies block booked our normal flight and my company left it a little late....would you believe my bags actually turned up after that

I know where your coming from Private