TIKKA rifles

reiver

Right lads/lasses
I have the chance of 2 tikka rifles one a 595 which has had 600 rounds through it in 10 years form new (one owner) Or a T3 stainless light weight exdemo rifle.
Both are left handed actions in .308 (nice to see the bolt on the correct side of the rifle for a change rather than haveing to put up with the inferior rignt handed actions)

Price wise the 595 is £500 & the T3 is £650 which should i Get:confused:

Bob

Personally Id go for the T3 as it is newer and I would imagine have the potential of giving you a longer life span although if its possible Id go and handle the sed rifles and see what feels the best for you.Atb with whatever you chose tho:thumb:

Right lads/lasses
I have the chance of 2 tikka rifles one a 595 which has had 600 rounds through it in 10 years form new (one owner) Or a T3 stainless light weight exdemo rifle.
Both are left handed actions in .308 (nice to see the bolt on the correct side of the rifle for a change rather than haveing to put up with the inferior rignt handed actions)

Price wise the 595 is £500 & the T3 is £650 which should i Get:confused:

Bob
the 595 is a much better made rifle

I have a 595 in 243 and a new tikka lite in 6.5x55 not much difference both great rifles regards biker

I have a left hand 590 in .308 that I bought second hand.
Solidly made gun, no complaints.

I think you would have to go some to wear a .308 barrel out in a stalking rifle.

I have a 595 , it's great I like it a lot , but there's nothing wrong with the t3 . The 595 has a better bolt , a thicker action ( heavier but more heavy duty ) and a better recoil lug system .

you can get a brand new tikka t3 from sportsman gun centre for £731 synthetic/blued so for the extra £80 isnt it easier to buy a new one that will last a lifetime

Go for m595. Had one in 222. Then rebarreled in 17 fireball. Then m595 in 17 rem. And also m595 in 243.
Imo one of the best factory actions you can get and will always hold a bit of money. As people like to rebarrel them

go for the 595-it's better built than the t3 which was the result of a cost cutting exercise by Tikka.However I would prefer to bore scope the barrel/try out the 595 barrel for accuracy first.Ask any of the riflesmiths in the uk what factory action would they prefer for a semi custom rebarrel job and the majority would say either the older Tikkas or Sakos.Why dont you ask the experts for only the cost of a telephone call.regards and good luck with your choice.Richard.

Back