new member from south west

RICK O SHEA

hello all been watching this site for a while and thought it ws about time i signed up some interesting articles on here
Have been shooting pretty much since i was in my teens and really got into deer stalking about eight years ago . I try to get out stalking at least five times a week in summer and three times in winter but it is usually much more.I have had nine stalks in the last seven days
shoot mainly roe fallow and sika with the occasional muntjac and red
my favourite rifle is the sako 75 in 25.06 callibre for most of my stalking using 100grn federal ballistic tips, though i will also use my 30.06 if i need a bit more gun so to speak this one is also a 75
Over the years i have used most callibres up to 300 win mag and in many different makes but favour the above i just seem to get on well with them.i also do a fair bit of pest control for foxes rabbits squirells crows etc and for this i use a beretta 686e 223 tika a 22lr .17 and a fac rated .22 carrer air rifle cranking out 65ft ib . i also like to do a bit of ferreting time permitting and presently have six also a spot of beating with my 2 springers but have to admit i only got out four times last season
I am a keen fisherman and do everthing except salmon fishing but this has to take a back seat to my shooting.a keen herpatolagist i have kept many different snakes over the years and have at present a couple of giant african bullfrogs
six years ago i became facinated by uk wild boar and have been following there progress ever since . they really are facinating animals and i for one hope they are here to stay and think they should really have a close season, i no some stalkers who hammer them all year round.
maybe one day i might get up to the forrest of dean to see what the populations like there
Time to go now foxing tonight and stalking tomorow ,hope i may be of help in the near future and look forward to chatting to a few of you. i dont sleep much so i can be on here any time of the day or night
Bye for now

RICK O SHEA

welcome to the site rick sounds like you don't get much spear time mate abit like my self.

cheers gadget

gadget said:
welcome to the site rick sounds like you don't get much spear time mate abit like my self.

cheers gadget
hi gadget i certainly keep busy allright and this is supposed to be my quiet time of the year wate until the boar season kicks off in november then it is manic

RICK O SHEA said

six years ago i became facinated by uk wild boar and have been following there progress ever since . they really are facinating animals and i for one hope they are here to stay and think they should really have a close season

Join the club mate, I love 'em, but as you say Defra should have had the balls to give them a close season.

Wayne

WAYNE DAVIES said:
RICK O SHEA said

six years ago i became facinated by uk wild boar and have been following there progress ever since . they really are facinating animals and i for one hope they are here to stay and think they should really have a close season

Join the club mate, I love 'em, but as you say Defra should have had the balls to give them a close season.

Wayne
Exactly after all it took them long enough to publish there findings and action plan which was basicaly to put the responsability back on the land owner
pm sent

new member somerset

hi rick welcome to the forum. ive only just joined myself and am also a tree surgeon based near wellington, somerset. i spend most of my time stalking roe and sika in somerset and dorset with a bit of vermin control and duck shooting in the winter. i have seen some boar in dorset when out stalking and also find them facinating. do you have your own ferrets? could do with someone having a go on my ground this winter

Back