Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: left hand tikka 595 stock

left hand tikka 595 stock

As per title. im after a synthetic stock for my lefty tikka. Factory or aftermarket, does anyone out there have anything suitable?

Cheers

Novice

have you thought of a laminated stock by joe west riflestocks.good reports and very reasonable and pretty robust by all accounts.they do left hand stocks and probably have a template for the 595.enquire on their web site.regards Richard.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by richard griffith View Post
    have you thought of a laminated stock by joe west riflestocks.good reports and very reasonable and pretty robust by all accounts.they do left hand stocks and probably have a template for the 595.enquire on their web site.regards Richard.

Love this on his site, says it all really,

[qoute] If your action is not on the list, fear not. All we ask is to borrow your current stock to copy. There is no extra charge for this.[quote]

why not just order one from Richarad Microfit Rifle Stocks in the USA and do it yourself (if they do a tikka action that is.)http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...55534169,d.d2k

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

SD Regular
    I've just ordered a GRS Adjustable hunter for my left hand Tikka 595 - looking forward to that when it arrives
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Richards microfit stocks

[QUOTE=bobjs;489600]Love this on his site, says it all really,

[qoute] If your action is not on the list, fear not. All we ask is to borrow your current stock to copy. There is no extra charge for this.

why not just order one from Richarad Microfit Rifle Stocks in the USA and do it yourself (if they do a tikka action that is.)http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct...55534169,d.d2k

bob.
    Firstly Bob, Richards wont export anymore and their stock are very crude, We do have this action inlet stock its one of our most popular.Thanks for supporting the British rifle industry. To the man above, come to the british shooting show and try our thumbup style stock it will make you cry.

I can affirm that Joe West Riflestocks are a very well made BRITSH product.

Ive used several and the finish is superb, the quality of the inletting is crisp and accurate and their customer service is second to none.

( I have no connections with them by the way)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I've just ordered a GRS Adjustable hunter for my left hand Tikka 595 - looking forward to that when it arrives
    You mean this baby? Permit me to say WOW. What a machine.

http://www.foxhunter-sweden.se/gevar...-hunting-stock

More info I didn't know about.

Just wondering about the cost and utility aspects.When you get it, please PM me or post your verdict (+ the rough costs .... if you're not coy).

There are many other LH M595 owners out there who'll be interested.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    [QUOTE=dorg;489699]
    Quote Originally Posted by bobjs View Post
    Love this on his site, says it all really,

[qoute] If your action is not on the list, fear not. All we ask is to borrow your current stock to copy. There is no extra charge for this.

Firstly Bob, Richards wont export anymore and their stock are very crude, We do have this action inlet stock its one of our most popular.Thanks for supporting the British rifle industry. To the man above, come to the british shooting show and try our thumbup style stock it will make you cry.
    Thank you for your reply,

I was unaware that they don't ship overseas now, and like a few chaps on this and other forums we all klnow there are many ways to get them here anyway.

I think there is no harm in showing someone there could be other areas to look at when shopping for an item be it a rifle stock,car parts or what ever it is, and with reference to the comment :If your action is not on the list, fear not. All we ask is to borrow your current stock to copy.There is no charge for this.

I find that an insult to the potential customer why on earth would you even think of asking someone to pay to use there stock to copy it, so that you can make their new stock, he has to pay for its shipping to you in the first place, and you get yet another action template for free, thats what i was on about.

As for supporting the industry: every time I pull the trigger on any of my rifles a small donation is made, after all I have to buy more ammo/brass/powder etc, and when I'M back in employment I'll save up and have yet another custom rifle made with a nice new stock etc so even more money spent in the Industry.

And finally:
    come to the British shooting show and try our thumbup style stock it will make you cry.
    It won't make me cry sir,

I don't use thumb hole stocks as i shoot using both right and left eyes so i need a stock than can be shouldered for both r/and Left handed shooters,

And i could not afford to have one made in the first place, .

Regards

bob.
    Last edited by bobjs; 19-12-2012 at 13:52.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinistral View Post
    You mean this baby? Permit me to say WOW. What a machine.

http://www.foxhunter-sweden.se/gevar...-hunting-stock

More info I didn't know about.

Just wondering about the cost and utility aspects.When you get it, please PM me or post your verdict (+ the rough costs .... if you're not coy).

There are many other LH M595 owners out there who'll be interested.
    I have to say - and with all due repsect to the Joe West rep on here (BTW, I didn't even know your company existed - and you don't list Tikka as an available inlet. My post was merely a relation of what I'd done in answer to the OP, not a slight on your work) - your reaction was the same as mine when I found out about them Sinistral - just seemed to fit my needs, and look darned good at the same time. Main website here - http://grsriflestocks.com/ - with some other nice designs and colours.

I understand Jacksons are importing them - but of course left hand is special order only - so you should be able to source relatively easily of you ask your normal preferred stockist. I believe UK retail is about 520-ish? - so inline with Joe West when you spec it up to the same standard and finish it.

One 'may' find better prices elsewhere - I beleive there was a thread somewhere on here about the good service an Italian supplier gave (Alpinhunting or similar). Roedale also advertise them on their website.

I'll happily post a review and some pics when it comes in (8 week lead apparently (+ Christmas....)). I've also finally managed to source a LH fitting picatinny rail (EGW only do RH....) and a tactical bolt handle (not a screwcut of the existing one) - two items that should really not have been this hard to find...... so my pimping should be all but complete! Really looking forward to completing this little project as the rifle shoots very well.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    As per title. im after a synthetic stock for my lefty tikka. Factory or aftermarket, does anyone out there have anything suitable?

Cheers

Novice
    Hi, I asked the same question a while back and the more Informed members of the forum came back and Informed me that synthetic stocks for the 590 /595 were not manufactured...I have a 222 LH 590 hunter ...so sent the walnut stock away to be duracoated in black, many people now say I have the best of both worlds, weatherproof stock with the rigidity of the wood stock...Food for thought.
    Last edited by sparko; 23-12-2012 at 20:38.