Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is fair timescale for renewal of fac?

What is fair timescale for renewal of fac?

My fac renewal has not arrived and consequently my fac has expired. I,am planning to,call to request a section 7 temporary certificate.

due to issues with availability of one of my referees, who is also nominated landowner, I had some delay in sending things in. Eventually went 3 weeks before renewal date.

my question is, is this a fair enough timescale to process the certificate?

Im still waiting after 5 months.......
    Three weeks is probably too short though
    Some forces publish service guidlines
    Apply for a section 7 ASAP
    be very careful
    as you are not currently licensed
    consider to have them stored at RFD
    at RFD

I used to get mine through in days. Fantastic dept. But things change and now I have been waiting 8 weeks and haven't even heard from them. Oh, sure, they've cashed my cheque.

Chris

Called today, very helpful, explained that certificate would not be sorted until after new year.said not to worry as a few people were in same boat. I pressed for section7 and they happily agreed to send this week.

My cert runs out at the end of the month. I put my renewal in 8 weeks early as advised by the FAO. Had a visit today and informed that it should be with my just after christmas. Leicester are very very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    My cert runs out at the end of the month. I put my renewal in 8 weeks early as advised by the FAO. Had a visit today and informed that it should be with my just after christmas. Leicester are very very good.
    Nice Xmas present

hi there,
    i renewed mine earlyer this year, i sent all the forms in about 6 weeks before it ran out, i took 9 months for them to complete my renewal, they didnt issue a temp cert either. i contacted them on many times, most times i couldnt get though or i had to leave a voice mail. they just told me there very sorry and there under staffed.
    I found it hard to be anoyed with the firearms staff, because the times i did get to speak with them they were always very kind and hepful.

Quote Originally Posted by simon1979 View Post
    hi there,
    i renewed mine earlyer this year, i sent all the forms in about 6 weeks before it ran out, i took 9 months for them to complete my renewal, they didnt issue a temp cert either. i contacted them on many times, most times i couldnt get though or i had to leave a voice mail. they just told me there very sorry and there under staffed.
    I found it hard to be anoyed with the firearms staff, because the times i did get to speak with them they were always very kind and hepful.
    That is clearly unacceptable service. You could have written to chief constable and complained and insisted on temp certificate.

Quote Originally Posted by badbob View Post
    Im still waiting after 5 months.......
    Three weeks is probably too short though
    Some forces publish service guidlines
    Apply for a section 7 ASAP
    be very careful
    as you are not currently licensed
    consider to have them stored at RFD
    at RFD
    Don,t store them with a RFD, you are licensed as you are in for renewal, speak to your license dept, and ask them to record the call far to much scare mongering on this site, when you move house and send your license off, technically you do not have authority to drive, but you do, and you don,t lock the car away until it arrives

In law there is what is known as a "timley response".

I have won a case based soley on the fact that the other party did not act in a timley mannor to my request. It took them 8 weeks to respond and the Judge stated that 2 weeks was timley and 8 weeks was not.

Not sure how this would stand with regards to a police force sorting their paperwork, but if you have applied in the recommended time scale then I would suggest that any come back would fall at the feet of the department in question.