Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Permission information

Permission information

Hi guys,

just trying my luck here. I'm currently weighing up a plan of action to see if I can gain some permissions from the local farms for any shooting (fox rabbits pigeons rats possibly deer, anything really) I'm just wondering what the best way to go about this would be?

1. Post a letter with my details qualifications and insurance on it along with contact details.

2. Go to the door in shirt tie etc with documents in hand.

3. Go to door in tidy clean camo with documents in hand.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers rob

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi guys,

just trying my luck here. I'm currently weighing up a plan of action to see if I can gain some permissions from the local farms for any shooting (fox rabbits pigeons rats possibly deer, anything really) I'm just wondering what the best way to go about this would be?

1. Post a letter with my details qualifications and insurance on it along with contact details.

Cheers rob
    Number 2, by far the best option but maybe forget about the tie, you will look too much like a rep. Keep documents in car. Personally never done any door knocking on spec, it has always after I have seen rabbits/pigeons/geese already on the land.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigboab29 View Post
    Hi guys,

Cheers rob
    Option 2 then 3, option 1 will not wash.
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

best if you meet people socialy through unrelated things. I know this isnt possible for some but its the best way of getting ground to shoot without a formal lease.

Agree with above. Firstly get to know their names and find out as much about them as you can. Try and find out if anybody else shoots the ground.

Then visit them with a valid reason eg I travel down this road on a daily basis and see xxx eating yyy crop would it be possible to shoot some? or anything on a similar line but you will have to play it by ear. Start by saying who you are and where you live and then sell yourself. Leave the insurance and alike till later. Timing is difficult catching them in and when there not up to their eyeballs also helps. Sat lunchtime/early pm is often good time.

Sometimes you get told no but if the timing is correct then you may get lucky.

20yrs ago I did the similar re some pigeon on some barley, turned out not to be his field but was asked to shoot some on his wheat. Shot 50 next day was then asked what else i could shoot and snowballed from there.

Also once your in it works like a network and often they will call you to say xx is having problem with yyy and can you sort it.

good luck and often inroads may come from the most unlikely places.

D

Buy a ticket for the local YFC dinner dance, donate a raffle prize and do some research on tractors... makes, models, horsepower that sort of thing. Then slip into the conversation that you are looking to get some shooting ground.
    If possible, get to know an Agronomist... he will hopefully then pass on your details to farms plagued with pests

You might even meet a farmers daughter.... Bonus!!!
    "It's halfway down the hill, directly below that tree next to a rock that looks like a bell-end"

Good deals with ~ deako ~ sakowsm ~ dryan ~ 2734neil ~ mo ~ riggers ~ mmbeatle ~ seanct ~ an du ru fox

Quote Originally Posted by Si View Post
    You might even meet a farmers daughter.... Bonus!!!
    Don't know what the missus would say to that!

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyEddie View Post
    Don't know what the missus would say to that!

Ed
    Dont tell her.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion... it's just that yours is stupid!!

Deffo not 3!

Thanks for the info guys, i'll let you know how i get on