Stalking in Devon! Red, Roe + all species available.

IanF

Folks

We offer stalking across southern England for all of the six species, at prices that are great value for money.

waiting.jpg

I am a hunter rather than a horn collector, so my emphasis is on giving you an enjoyable stalking experience, rather than just offering a beast of 'x' size. I also offer stalker training if required, so we can combine stalking with an ideal learning opportunity, for those looking to improve their skills.

JoeMHunt04013Medium.jpg

We have a comfortable hunting lodge on-site here in Devon - making an excursion easily arranged. Lockable rifle storage for your peace of mind. Based in the centre of a beautiful tourist area just north of Lyme Bay, there is nothing to stop you combining a some stalking with a family holiday or break.

LoungeTVarea.jpg

Outing costs of £70, + shooting fee of £50 to include cull Fallow & Roe, does or a buck to four points. Accommodation £25 pp,pn s/c - £35 including meals.

Please contact me for full pricing based on your own requirements

cwdbuck.jpg

I have been fortunate enough to hunt with a few members of this board who will happily describe their experiences, if you would like some real-life references.

KareFallow.jpg

Do get in touch - I'm looking forward to hunting with you! :)

Rgds

Ian Farrington

im new to this if i go on two stalks and shoot two deer it would cost me 240 pound just to clarify things thanx

Paul

No. If the two stalks were on the same day you would only pay me £190. This would include up to four cull beasts.

Rgds Ian

Hi Ian, 6 species in the south of England? How far down have CWD got? :p

More to the point , Red Stags, a big one, can you arrange this and what sort of price?

Have also got numerous people interested in Sika , cull and trophies.
Can pass a lot of clients your way if you want them.

I'll send you a pm.

Sako85

IanF said:
Do get in touch - I'm looking forward to hunting with you! :)

This is wonderful, You see I crash through undergrowth like a boar, carry bino's as a weight rather than to look through, develop powerful body odour to throw the deer off my scent.
Chain smoke, with a hip flask glued to my mouth for most of the outing, prior to waving my rifle every which way, & because of this I didn't think there would be many on here that would do this for me. :eek:

Only Joking Ian :lol: I don't do all of these things, in fact I usually leave a crucial piece of kit at home which can make stalking a bit more difficult than it needs to be.

In all seriousness though, presuming I don't have terribly bad habits, I will certainly consider arranging something if I am down your way. Danny

I too can recommend Ian's expertise and the hunting experience he provides.

Some very interesting and idyllic ground to boot - stereo typical Devon and Dorset countryside but better than I had imagined.

Devon Stalking Experience

Just returned from a weeks holiday in East Devon, I also managed to arrange an outing with Ian Farrington whilst we were there.

Despite my eagerness to get out on the ground, Ian advised we wait until the weather changed for the better, rather than him just take my cash for the sake of a walk in the middle of the Devon monsoon season.

We agreed to meet for a morning stalk later in the week and Ian soon put me onto an animal, a little after 05.00am I managed to shoot my first roebuck.

Highly delighted and would recommend you booking a stalk with Ian, very knowledgeable and knows his ground well.

Will be booking my next trip soon :D

Kenny is that it mate because if i want to go for a walk in the snow it will cost me bugger all.Come on there must be more than that. ;)

Deerstalker2010 said:
Kenny is that it mate because if i want to go for a walk in the snow it will cost me bugger all.Come on there must be more than that. ;)
some things are best kept in the dark ;)

to enlarge slightly, despite the snow and adverse conditions, I was welcomed warmly by Ian and Jo and after satisfying Ian that I could hit what I shot at occasionally 8) we proceeded out into the cold Devon Tundra (well warm Disco actually but I did eventually get turfed out into the snow :cry: ) we arrived on the permission to be greeted with the sight of a group of Roe moving out of range in one direction and another group hiding behind a hedge in the other. We proceeded to amble through the woods trying to get an angle on the deer we had seen by the hedge all the time looking for any other possibles. By the time we were in a position to see again the deer had melted away, so back to the stalking.during the day we saw numerous small groups of deer so no shortage of stock, the nearest I got to a shot was on a group of Does on the edge of a copse, unfortunately there was no clear shot to be had at first and then the Buck spoiled things by ambling into the wood with us! after 10-15 mins the darned thing settled down for a nap in front of us blocking any attempt to close on the Does who had meandered down the tree line out of sight :evil: I never got a shot and never got a deer, but if it was that easy you would get a free collar with every deer! I enjoyed the day tremendously and feel I had a great experience, and one that I would gladly repeat (except for the snow and the feeling of being backlit every time I moved )

Sounds like you had a good one and it is great to hear from the lads who while not actually connecting with a deer they were certainly treated to a good and knowledgeable time. It is not always possible to get on a deer every time and i like to here about both it certainly makes the lads who are going to go out with Pro stalkers think that there is certainly a good chance of hitting but also a chance that it wont happen that day.

;)

Back