Thread: FAC Renewals &Your GP

FAC Renewals &Your GP

If the SD wishes to remove this I have no problem as I've put it in legal issues too.
    FAO came today to check my Cabernet ect. Went through the normal questions. On the medical one about depression, epilepsy ect I was informed that on renewal of my FAC my GP would automatically be informed of my licence.
    So if there was anything they wished to or I had forgot to tell the police. They could do.
    If there are any dark secrets in the medical cupboard beware.
    I think all should be aware of the new part of the renewal or application of any SGS or FAC.

Andrew

Plod would never let the truth get in the way of a good bit of leverage. They were playing you and some might say why not?

Just another interview "technique".

But maybe it's true. You give the info of your GP and the right for the police to contact them.
    Can you tell me hand on heart it's a porkie. I dout it.

They didn't tell me they would tell my GP, but last time I went the GP looked at the computer screen and said " you're a Police officer, no sorry you have a firearms licence".

Quote Originally Posted by Buckbones View Post
    If the SD wishes to remove this I have no problem as I've put it in legal issues too.
    FAO came today to check my Cabernet ect. Went through the normal questions. On the medical one about depression, epilepsy ect I was informed that on renewal of my FAC my GP would automatically be informed of my licence.
    So if there was anything they wished to or I had forgot to tell the police. They could do.
    If there are any dark secrets in the medical cupboard beware.
    I think all should be aware of the new part of the renewal or application of any SGS or FAC.

Andrew
    this is not new news, its standard practice for police to contact our GP and is part of both initial and renewing of certification.
    what you will probably find is that for the past few years the police are to busy to do it.
    with current and past events they may become less busy and complete checks.

p,

Quote Originally Posted by gmart122 View Post
    They didn't tell me they would tell my GP, but last time I went the GP looked at the computer screen and said " you're a Police officer, no sorry you have a firearms licence".
    dont need to its on your certificate application, thats why your asked to supply the information.

p.