Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lets have some xmas fun , who's been stuck in the mud ?

Lets have some xmas fun , who's been stuck in the mud ?

Attachment 22509 Attachment 22510

that will teach me to take a short cut !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Not got stuck in any mud for many years, but did get the Smart car stuck on a frozen puddle last year.
    I had been very cold over night and early morning I drove over the puddle, half way across the ice broke
    and all four wheels dropped through, left the car sitting on the belly pan with the wheels suspended
    No damage but had to leave it where it was for the morning, the sun came out and melted the ice.
    Wish I had taken a pic or two now.

Neil.

Stuck? In a Landcruiser? I think not! Be prepared. 37" Mud Terrains, front and rear winches a 5" suspension lift plus 3 diff locks and a really smug look.

Chris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1000429.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	952.0 KB 
ID:	22513

I got my welly stuck the other week, up to the top on wet plough,
    had to pull my foot out, then it took two of us to pull it out.

not had the Disco stuck, had a failure to proceed once. nothing the winch didnt fix.

stuck in the mud never but i do drive a jimny7
    BARONY TRAINED NINJA

Got a few two wheel drive tractors stuck in my time. Since the arrival of good 4WD Cases here, no bother.
    Brian.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get you......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Dabbler View Post
    Got a few two wheel drive tractors stuck in my time. Since the arrival of good 4WD Cases here, no bother.
    Is there such a thing? Good 4 wheel drive case? try a deere! every one knows nothing runs like a deer!

Well I 'd be lying if I said I'd never been stuck, but deliberately going off road doesn't really count. I did get stuck some years ago when taking a high seat out in a trailer to a remote part of our estate. The trailer snagged and I broke through the surface into a boggy bit. Although I had a winch, we soon ran out of things to winch to as they were all ripped out of the ground. In the end, we buried the spare wheel - a trick I had heard of but never tried. It worked a treat. We couldn't dig that far down so we did what we could and then built a cairn on top to weigh it down. We really were in deep and the ropes were as tight as I've ever had them in any situation. Gradually with the lockers in and the winch pulling through a snatch block, we got out. Of course then the challenge was going back the way we'd come!

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by wikedwickedmotox View Post
    Is there such a thing? Good 4 wheel drive case? try a deere! every one knows nothing runs like a deer!
    One word Fendt
    have been stuck in toyotas nissans,land rovers,Kawasaki mule, yes we have very wet ground.

On our 10 day hunt this year I got bogged in the entrance to our camp! I just slipped off the high part to the side and straight into the deep ruts and bottomed out. But good mates all, as usual, pictures and much jocularity before rescue.
    Grant
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bogged.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	297.8 KB 
ID:	22515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bogged1.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	143.6 KB 
ID:	22514
    Don't hide from your mates in the bush!