Thread: Insurance

Insurance

Hi
    What do people pay for and with who with for their dogs insurance?
    Many thanks.
    Dickie

numerous providers, look at all the small print very carefully.

Suggested minimum level of cover would be 4000 per annum, ideally per condition per year not per condition for the lifetime of the policy
    always look for a lifetime cover not an annual policy
    bear in mind that the cheapest premium may not be the best!
    if you let a policy lapse or change companies, all of your dogs illnesses will be considered as being pre-existing and therefore not claimable!

Good companies include Petplan, M&S, More than, Post office, L&V, some tesco policies......there are many many policies available, these are just some we deal with regularly

PM me if you have a particular policy in mind and I can check it out for sticky areas

Will companies insure Working dogs?

People tell me they won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    numerous providers, look at all the small print very carefully.

Suggested minimum level of cover would be 4000 per annum, ideally per condition per year not per condition for the lifetime of the policy
    always look for a lifetime cover not an annual policy
    bear in mind that the cheapest premium may not be the best!
    if you let a policy lapse or change companies, all of your dogs illnesses will be considered as being pre-existing and therefore not claimable!

Good companies include Petplan, M&S, More than, Post office, L&V, some tesco policies......there are many many policies available, these are just some we deal with regularly

PM me if you have a particular policy in mind and I can check it out for sticky areas

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocket1 View Post
    Will companies insure Working dogs?

People tell me they won't.
    Not true! I was looking this very issue up today! Providing they a recreational there are a number if providers and intermediaries including BASC and countrywide alliance as well as pet plan and others.
    They don't seem to cover dogs working professionally however but I may not have seen all the providers. Also different levels if cover are available depending on requirement and pocket! CA quotes about 300 for the year for their fixed price gundig cover, though you have to have your own insurance with them.

regards

fraser
    damnant quodnon intelligunt

I have never had a claim refused yet because the dog was a worker but it may happen one day.

I have been asked if the dog was a working dog on the insurance form. I suppose it may be mentioned in the history. I have never seen a claim refused for that reason.

Section 161 of the Highways Act 1980 (England & Wales) makes it an offence to discharge a firearm within 50 ft of the centre of a highway with vehicular rights without lawful authority or excuse, if as a result a user of the highway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

Quote Originally Posted by Apache View Post
    I have been asked if the dog was a working dog on the insurance form. I suppose it may be mentioned in the history. I have never seen a claim refused for that reason.
    I believe this is a point they try to worm out of paying. If for example you are paid for a days beating with your dog and it injures itself then it would be classed as working for payment or reward and some "pet" policy's won't pay out. It was explained to me like car insurance - you can't use your car as a taxi on fully comp social domestic & pleasure cover. It has to be business use.
    It may be wrong but be careful what you tell the insurance company when making a claim for your dogs injury.
    Wingy