Sugru custom comb raiser

Foss

Been having trouble getting comfortable eye alignment on new Sauer 202 XT and tried Tom D's suggestion of using sugru (a plasticine which cures hard when removed from packaging). I wanted it as a permanent raiser though (rather than just for a stock mould) so employed a velcro strip (to allow room for bolt removal). I think its going to work. You need to use industrial strength velcro but the sugru is only £12 and very comfortable. 1.jpg

Last edited:
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

Think I have managed to upload pictures. Sorry Admin if I uploaded them too large before.

Could you do this with car body filler, and thats workable if you know what i mean.

Bob.

Could you do this with car body filler, and thats workable if you know what i mean.

Bob.

You could Bob, you would need to watch the weight as it is fairly heavy in big lumps.
Better to do it with the glass reinforced stuff, lighter and stronger, not difficult to shape either.

Neil. :)

You could Bob, you would need to watch the weight as it is fairly heavy in big lumps.
Better to do it with the glass reinforced stuff, lighter and stronger, not difficult to shape either.

Neil. :)

good point neil.

Im not going to need it but it just came to me that it could be done with what i mentioned.

bob.

Well done, looks good, I like the velcro idea, Sugru is sandable and easily worked so better than body filler IMO as it is much less messy to use. Plus it is a handy black colour to match the stock..

Back