Pulsar N750 owners

auquhollie

Guy's,

For those of you that own one. How do you find the accuracy and more so the repeatability (i.e) does it ever loose zero on you ??. I have one here and when zeroed it shoots as good a groups as my zeiss but getting it to hold zero longer than 12 hours isn't happening. Thats twice now ive zeroed it and twice ive gone out at night only to miss rabbits. When i re-checked the zero it was up to 4-8 inches off !!

Ads

Hello, which mount are you using, and which calibre rifle.

The device should hold zero perfectly, and this is never usually an issue.

Accuracy wise when zeroed I have never had an issue with the device loosing zero. Have you checked the X and Y co-ordinates are the same numerically, and its not simply creep on the mounts, or incorrect fitting?

Are you using a lens conversion on the device?

If you bought it from Scott Country, please feel free to give me a call on 01556 50 3587 and I will be more than pleased to assist you as it sounds like either a mounting issue, or if you are using the one shot zero function you are not confirming your adjustment properly.

Best Regards

Paul

I have an N750 and the only zero problems I have had all relate to the use of an after-market doubler, the scope itself holds zero perfectly.

I would check that the allen screws that hold the ally mount on the plastic scope body are tight, they should be put in with thread lock as they are prone to working loose and that the mount/ whatever rail system you are using is also tight.

If all the above checks out and you are certain the rifle is also good then I would take it back, I have heard of a several N550's going back with zero problems so it wouldn't surprise me

Paul,
Thanks for the speedy reply. I am off out now again to try and re-zero it. I will give it a good checking over first though.The set up i have is a remmy 700 22.250, an absolute tack driver that shoots well under 1/2" groups. The rail i have on is a third eye picatinni and the pulsar directly onto that. There is a Dr Bob doubler on the end with a Sony lens fitted. The rifle is still shooting under 1/2" groups with the Pulsar but when i put it away and then go out lamping it seems to have moved. When i zero it i dont use the one shot option, ive just used the conventional option.

I must say that the scope was bought private so not from Scott country. I will go and try what you mention and report back.

Thanks again for the reply

Ads

I have an N750 and the only zero problems I have had all relate to the use of an after-market doubler, the scope itself holds zero perfectly.

I would check that the allen screws that hold the ally mount on the plastic scope body are tight, they should be put in with thread lock as they are prone to working loose and that the mount/ whatever rail system you are using is also tight.

If all the above checks out and you are certain the rifle is also good then I would take it back, I have heard of a several N550's going back with zero problems so it wouldn't surprise me

Thanks Anthony, I will try removing the Dr Bob if all else fails to work and see if that improves things.

Ads

As I suspected, hence my question regarding a lens conversion, which is more than always the cause for a zeroing issue.

When you pack the rifle away in gun bag, case etc, i bet the lens is moving ever so slightly and causing refraction of the internal lens onto the Digisight lens, in turn shifting your zero point.

The comment "There is a Dr Bob doubler on the end with a Sony lens fitted." is 99.9% going to be the issue.

Do you have a 3 or 4 stud adaptor, you will need a 4 stud adaptor for a centrefire rifle, and even then they are rated to .243 so should be fine on the .22-250 but the 3 stud is purely for rimfire use.

"Thanks Anthony, I will try removing the Dr Bob if all else fails to work and see if that improves things."

I bet my chocolate Santa on my desk that it will be fine without it......

Paul,
Yeah it is the 4 stud adapter that's on it and like you say the 22.250 so should be good. i will try removing it and see what happens. Will be a bit gutted though if this is the problem as with the lens on it improves clarity by 100%.

I have read of problems with even the 4 stud adaptors moving under recoil so I just wouldn't trust it to stay 100% secure, the slightest knock will affect your zero.

I have glued my adaptor in place using epoxy resin, others have used a decent silicon, I have had no more problems with mine on my 22-250 since doing this but it still pays to treat the scope with kid gloves.

I cannot condone "gluing" in your adaptor, as this could cause issues with warranty should you damage the weapon site.

Fitted properly, and ive fitted loads, the 4 stud adaptor wont budge unless you are shooting more than 70grain rounds as a rule.

Paul

Thanks again guys for the info. I had though of gluing in the adapter but was worried as Paul says about the warranty. Will try one more time fitting it as normal and make sure i tighten up the 4 screw tight this time.

Cheers
Ads

Fitted properly, and ive fitted loads, the 4 stud adaptor wont budge unless you are shooting more than 70grain rounds as a rule.

What are the calibre limitations of these devices ?

The Scott Country website doesn't appear to mention any such details.

And http://www.pulsar-nv.com seems to be broken at the moment. But when I last looked at it, I don't recall seeing any useful information about this point.

From the sound of it they can only cope with limited recoil, if so it would be helpful for the limitations to be clearly explained.

I have one and have found it to be excellent so far.

I looked at the Dr Bob doubler but was put off by all the feedback on here and other sites, I bought a very well engineered adaptor from a guy from Portugal. It is fitted (Althoguh haven't got lens from Jessops yet!!!) and no effect to shifting zero.

Very pleased with unit as a whole cannot believe the clarity of it

I had the N550 with the doubler and you are quite right it improves the clarity immensely. I glued mine in with araldite and there were no zero issues with that bad boy!

I have one and have found it to be excellent so far.

I looked at the Dr Bob doubler but was put off by all the feedback on here and other sites, I bought a very well engineered adaptor from a guy from Portugal. It is fitted (Althoguh haven't got lens from Jessops yet!!!) and no effect to shifting zero.

Very pleased with unit as a whole cannot believe the clarity of it

Am i right in thinking you are getting excellent clarity without the extra lens fitted ??. If so im thinking maybe this scope i have is faulty as the clarity is crap. Ide go so far as to say i couldnt shoot at live quarry past 75 yards at night and thats with an IR filter on the roof mounted lightforce.

I have shot 1 fox at 215 yds, 1 at 180 yds , couple at 100 yd mark.

With the D800 (I think) illuminator I can clearly see hedges at 400- 500 yds

That is without Sony lens as I have not got it yet!!

Then i will say it is deffo not the same as what im seeing with this one. Today i put out a sheet of A4 paper at 100 yards. In the centre i drew a 2" solid black square. When i looked through the scope without the lens all i could make out was a black smudge. In no way could i see it was a square. When i put the lens on i could make out a square but it was still smudged around the edges. In no way shape or form was it pin clear as ive read reports of on the web !!!

Ads

Last edited:
I have an N750 on a Browning T Bolt Hmr - it has a Dr Bobs Doubler fitted with good quality clear silicone & I use a Pulsar lens. I also use a home brew IR torch & the picture quality is fantastic.
I have just purchased a Night-master 800IR but haven't tried it out yet as I'm waiting for the extension tube.
The only time I've lost zero was when I knocked the doubler lens quite hard with my elbow & dis-lodged it.
I'm going to fit it on my .204 over Christmas for some serious nights out Foxing.

Back