Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How cool is this for a farmer.

How cool is this for a farmer.

Was going shooting from the farmers barn and the wind started topick up so I pull out my face mask to cover the head when I standing on the ground before climbing the bales, and something I never do is put the thread protectorin my pocket pulled the mask out and turned out the pocket completely so lost the thread protector in the grass look with a magnet later no good so said to the farmer watch out for it he laughed and said he see me after lunch.
    So the farmer coming down the track to the barn on the tractor jumps out of the cab with metal detector and shouts to me come down from the top five minutes later one thread protector back in the hand so I ask Bob why the metal detector he said he always loosing bits from off his tractor, bless him.

Update to this he found his pen knife he lost in the yard.
    Last edited by quiteman; 19-12-2012 at 18:08.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by quiteman View Post
    Was going shooting from the farmers barn and the wind started to pick up so I pull out my face mask to cover the head when I standing on the ground before climbing the bales, and something I never do is put the thread protector in my pocket pulled the mask out and turned out the pocket completely so lost the thread protector in the grass look with a magnet later no good so said to the farmer watch out for it he laughed and said he see me after lunch.
    So the farmer coming down the track to the barn on the tractor jumps out of the cab with metal detector and shouts to me come down from the top five minutes later one thread protector back in the hand so I ask Bob why the metal detector he said he always loosing bits from off his tractor, bless him.
    they are a good bunch at times, and they have all the toys nowadays,

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

probably an arable farmer, nowt else to do at this time of year apart from check on their investments and keep an eye on their property portfolio.

Mate lost his keys on shoot day spent an hour on hands and knees, 5 mins then with the farmers detector and bingo ,I reckon they have em looking for that elusive pot of roman gold !!!!

Price of a decent metal detector has to be preferable to picking up a large steel component from something with the combine/ forager!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    probably an arable farmer, nowt else to do at this time of year apart from check on their investments and keep an eye on their property portfolio.
    I bet your as popular as a dose of F&M on his farm then!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrickt View Post
    I bet your as popular as a dose of F&M on his farm then!!!
    Never known a land owning arable farmer with a medium sized or above farm to be anything other than (very) well off. Unless they have made bad business decision outside farming or a bad marriage decision inside framing.

Sorry beef farmer

Quote Originally Posted by quiteman View Post
    Sorry beef farmer

they usually are, very cool people indeed

I am more than happy for my arable farmer to prosper and do well....If he is happy he will continue to let me shoot over his 5000+ acres of fields, pasture and woodland !!

Cheers + ATVB

Philip
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes ?