Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost 260rem load data

Red face lost 260rem load data

Help please guys iv lost my load data for my 260 rem its a 1 in 8 twist and iv got 120 hp and reloader 19 so what are you guys using so time to start all over again

I've got some 260 Rem data, but not that specific load. I like to use the Hornady manual and it says for RL-19 a maximum of 47.9 gr with 120/123/129 gr bullets. Looking back at my notes, I had a load with 123 gr A-Max which performed at 46.2 gr RL-19. As always, you will need to work up your loads, but I would suggest 45.0 gr would be a good place to start. Also note my rifle is throated for rounds measuring up to 2.9 inches and your throating may be quite different. For some unexplained reason RL-19 doesn't seem to be one of my favourites. I also have half a tub of RL-22 to try and some H4831 and N165. These four powders are all good for velocity in your choice of bullet weight.

260 Rem loads, lets see them!

Good luck. JCS
    Last edited by jcampbellsmith; 20-12-2012 at 12:59. Reason: url added

Quote Originally Posted by adrian0100 View Post
    Help please guys iv lost my load data for my 260 rem its a 1 in 8 twist and iv got 120 hp and reloader 19 so what are you guys using so time to start all over again
    Where the heck did you get it in the first place?? Not a reloading manual I'm guessing??~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    Where the heck did you get it in the first place?? Not a reloading manual I'm guessing??~Muir
    Adrian. Following up on Muir's point. Why don't you get yourself a manual for Christmas? There's a new Berger manual out, the Lee is a good one too and as I posted above, the Hornady is my favourite based on layout. Regards JCS

No muir i worked it out from start to finish but had hoped that someone else was using a similar load owell time to start again thanks for you advise guys

Seriously? You worked it out from start to finish and can't remember it? Have you seen a neurologist?? I thought I was getting bad! Of course, i can't remember my kids birthdays but I can recall 6-digit bullet mold designations from 40 years ago! ~Muir

Keep a log,i record all my loads,I even keep targets too so I know not to retest if they wernt any good

No what it is i had a log stuipedly on loose a4 paper the mrs had a mass tidy up thought it was old crap and tossed it away i guess that will teach me for not putting it away properly her answer was it was on the table my reply was yes becouse i was going to do some reloading lol never mind!! muir no i havent but i think i might as i do seem to forget alot acording to the mrs owell start testing again tomurrow weather permitting

I'll post my data but only used 100 and 129 Gr bullets

Cheers plash that wouls be good