22 Hornet Bullet Drop

Roebuck243

Hi just wondered what sort of bullet drop expected out of 22 Hornet be it 35gr Hornady or 40gr Hornady . I feel it's been covered before but can't find it .
just wondered if you had had better results with the 40gr for drop .
I zeroed at 100 with clover leaf shots but then it went down hill moving back 50yds a time with the 35gr Hornady factory loads.

35 grain factory Remington AccuTips drop about 5 inches at 200 yards from the 100 yard zero.

Neil. :)

35 grain factory Remington AccuTips drop about 5 inches at 200 yards from the 100 yard zero.

Neil. :)
About the same with the 35s never actually measured it but I found Sierra 45gn had less drop @ 200 my preferance for long range in a hornet,also buck the wind better.

I sight in 1.5" high at 100 yards and I'm dead on around 175 yards; this with a 34 grain Dog Town bullet@ 3050 fps. ~Muir

I'd be interested to see some 3 or 5 shot 200 yard groups be they factory or reload and using either bullet weight please as I've yet to see what mine can actually do at this range. Unforgivable perhaps given its been my favourite cartridge for the last 35 years but such is life!

Cheers

K

I'd be interested to see some 3 or 5 shot 200 yard groups be they factory or reload and using either bullet weight please as I've yet to see what mine can actually do at this range. Unforgivable perhaps given its been my favourite cartridge for the last 35 years but such is life!

Cheers

K

Two hundred yard groups?? We doan need to shoot no stinkin' 200 yard groops, man! Meenut of prairiedoggie haid is goud enough for us, man!~Muir

(well, 187 yards)
AndysfirstprairiedogwithCZHornet-1.jpg

Two hundred yard groups?? We doan need to shoot no stinkin' 200 yard groops, man! Meenut of prairiedoggie haid is goud enough for us, man!~Muir

(well, 187 yards)
AndysfirstprairiedogwithCZHornet-1.jpg

Now, were that poor thing a High Country Rock Chuck I'd overlook the missing 13 yards and credit the shortfall from your wind reading skills. That the doggie is in fact some lowland ground-hugging varmint means you gotta do the 5-shot paper target group thing and at the CORRECT distance, MAN!!

No way Dude! Just keep shootin'! Eventually you will figger out if the load is good or not! An b-sides. Them prairiedoggies doan know enough to jus come up at one hundrit, too hundrit or what ever such yards. The stoopid thins just come up all over the plase and you gotta hold over or unner. It's a real pain! You gotta lern trajecktories and how to surf the wind, ya know?? Stoopid roadents....~Muir

Last edited:
Aye and if you fire enough shots in the general direction something may get unlucky and have a nasty accident.
Set the Hornet to shoot one inch high at 100 yards.

HWH.

Back