Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not a good night

Not a good night

I have recieved my new rifle today so i have spent a bit of time in the shed putting the scope on and copper greasing certain screws and i thought i would just try the OAL of different bullets but 1st i would resize some brass.

I resized a case then tried it in the chamber all was well so i new the old brass would be ok so i thought i would check the OAL and guess what i had done, just resized the modified case so i spent the next 1/2 hour putting that right . Then just to top it all after fixing the case and screwing it on the end of the gauge my wife came in with a cuppa and moved it to put the cup down and knocked it of the bench and i picked it up and it lokked a bit kinked where the case is attached so i just tweeked it to straighten and the thread snapped in the case so it was not a good night and time to come in.

regards
    plonker

What are Sheds if not first a wife-free zone! Pehaps a wee hatch for taking in provisions and change the lock?

Hope you get sorted soon.

K

Ha ha,being a trade member I would expect you to have a spare

Berkshire then Dorset now Herefordshire with a good dose of Dorset
    Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (15)View my Gallery (15)
    Sorry chrisc, I think I may have you well beaten. I have just worked my nuts off to make sure I get Monday off before xmas. Being self employed means no money if you don't work. Then my wife calls me at 4.30 and says her dad's just died. She needs to go on a 200 mile round trip and I've got the kids. She'll be back when she's back!!
    “Man surprised me most about humanity. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”........Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    Ha ha,being a trade member I would expect you to have a spare
    i will have soon

You were all exited with your new rifle and had a blonde moment by the sounds of things,I keep my modified cases away from the others.multi tasking not your strong point then Chrisc

I think the guy I'm working for at the mo can better that, one of the farm hands reversed his new John Deere into the back of his new Range Rover, brilliant to watch the back end of the Range explode, even if I was waving and shouting like a loony to try stop them colliding!
    I'm telling Captain - from the Wee'est of men.

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    You were all exited with your new rifle and had a blonde moment by the sounds of things,I keep my modified cases away from the others.multi tasking not your strong point then Chrisc
    have you been talking to the wife she says the same thing about multi tasking it is only women who can do that.lol

Sure you weren't panicking trying to hide the new rifle before she saw it????Hope you are happy with it Chris. Look forward to seeing it (and squeezing off a round or two) next year...Don't worry, I'll pay for the rounds myself.