Anyone coming to Dortmund 2013?

Wildboar1973

Hi folks!
I just wanted to ask for some guys from the directory travelling to the big German game fair "Jagd& Hund" in Dortmund?
It would be nice to meet some of you there and have a short talk....
If you need any support in organizing this trip, or have any further question, just let me know!
Merry Christmas, save some money for the game fair...
atb

Michael

Thanks wildboar. Problem solved. I'll be far, far away on those dates. I'm told it's a good show. Why do we not have anything like this in UK?

Thanks wildboar. Problem solved. I'll be far, far away on those dates. I'm told it's a good show. Why do we not have anything like this in UK?

Hi goathunter1 (nice nickname, going for my first goat in about 2 weeks)!
I thought, you have huge game fairs in the UK???
I am still hoping, the CIC will present itself on our fairs, right no: nothing!
I really would like to get some heads from Germany and the UK measured....

To all of you: Let me know your dates of showing up in Dortmund, to arrange a meeting sometime...!

Wildboar, where are you going for your goat? Continental Europe? Yes, we do have Game Fairs in UK but your hunting fairs are different. The answer is to come over next year and see one. You could load your car with heads and get them done. I have no doubt there are measurers on this site who will make themselves known and advise accordingly.
It would seem that some brave explorers are thinking of coming over anyway. Give them a few heads from these huge red deer you have over there to bring home!!!!!

To be honest.... I already thought about it....
I will be in Wales in mid of January on a swap hunt for goats, with some new friends from the directory.
I am sure to write a short article about this hunt, stay curious!

Hi Michael - There will be five of us from Lincolnshire ( only two of us are members on here ) coming over on Wednesday 30th on the afternoon flight and we will be returning on the Friday evening. May I suggest the Veltins bar as a meeting point? We seemed to spend a lot of time there last year! Chris.

Hi Michael - There will be five of us from Lincolnshire ( only two of us are members on here ) coming over on Wednesday 30th on the afternoon flight and we will be returning on the Friday evening. May I suggest the Veltins bar as a meeting point? We seemed to spend a lot of time there last year! Chris.

Most definetively!
:tiphat:
I will check, when I will be there.....
My missus just told me, that she has to be on a training during that days...
:doh:
I will get in contact soon,
atb, have a good start into 2013!

Michael

Hi

A friend and I have been thinking about wandering over - the concern is there is strong suggestion it is a Trade Show only and that ordinary members of the public cannot attend....

Can someone more versed in this Fair advise please?

Many thanks.

L

Loki

It is deffo open to the public, it is very similar in many ways to our CLA game fair but much more deer, boar, big game orientated.

Lots of stands selling European kit that you don't see over here.

Perhaps you are confusing it with IWA which is held in Nuremberg later in the year which is a trade show.

If you Google 'Jagd und Hund - Dortmund' you should find their helpful website.

If you can make it I am sure you'll have a great time.

Chris.

Hi everybody!

I just got the dates:
I will be in Dortmund on Saturday the 2nd, maybe also on Sunday the 3rd.
It would be great to meet you there!!
Please send a pm, to get my mobile number to get in contact on the fair....

OK, we will see, who will be there.....

Atb

Michael

Back