Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lost keys

lost keys

Anyone know the cost and best place to get keys for landrover discovery td5 as e have some how managed to lose ours,after a good search of the house garden etc they have not shown up,the keys have a fob on them to open and do the imobliser too cheers

Might be worth a call to enquire with AA/RAC?............... they must get lots of problems like yours?, they may have a data base of locky's in your area to help you out.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

the AA do have there own key making call out vehicle and if you do not have key to cut from they will probe and make key
    not cheap mind
    keys dont just walk off when you hear the price you will look a damm sight more

soz pal bally

I had one made from Landrover a few years back. Cost me 150. He said at the time though the alarm system has 5 codes. Each key fob uses one code so you should have 3 codes left. If however you bought second hand and the old owner replaced fobs then all your codes could be used up. If this is the case your over a grand to replace the alarm box . Just call landrover and they will advice

Quote Originally Posted by auquhollie View Post
    I had one made from Landrover a few years back. Cost me 150. He said at the time though the alarm system has 5 codes. Each key fob uses one code so you should have 3 codes left. If however you bought second hand and the old owner replaced fobs then all your codes could be used up. If this is the case your over a grand to replace the alarm box . Just call landrover and they will advice
    Also tried at a local key place in Manchester when I lived up that way. Told we can cut a key but it is the fob you have to get from Land rover and it 150, total rip off had to get a key for my 5 series BM when I bought it, 65 direct from the main stealer and you never need a battery as it charges while driving.
    Think they make the price up as they go along the fob is probably .50p worth of bits and plastic.
    Good luck on your next round of searches.

unfortunately i think your only course is Land rover, Hopefully if your vehicle is not too old they may have on record the key number and more impotantly the imobiliser code for the fob. you will have to produce documentation to prove both ownership and your ID. My BMW was 165 and thats doing it through work at cost price not retail,

land rover is really your only option as you need to get the fob programmed for the immobilizer, it's an expensive procedure , they will only do it for the registered keeper so you'll need your logbook and proof of id
    a barony original

And they need to be inside the car to programme the fob in, like I said before if you have enough codes left.

Ads

I bet they turn up once you buy a new one.
    Not good at this time of year
    :-(
    Could they be in the landrover ?
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

Quote Originally Posted by auquhollie View Post
    And they need to be inside the car to programme the fob in, like I said before if you have enough codes left.

Ads
    are you sure? I just bought a key fob for my Ford Ranger and reprogrammed it myself. Took 30 seconds! Do the keys have a transponder? Dealer wanted to charge me 150 plus programming!