Thread: What do you think of your Harkila Pro Hunter Trousers

What do you think of your Harkila Pro Hunter Trousers

Hi Guys
    What do you think of your Harkila Pro Hunter Trousers if you own them

Thanks in advance

TH
    Humans are pre wired with fight or flight response
    Great Grandad fought, Grandad fought.
    For the sake of my Grandchild I wish for Less Flight responses entering Europe

just bought a 2nd pair, i love them but like most will probably tell you, you can get rather warm when moving around a lot. i wouldnt swap them for anything though

I'm happy to see this thread and it's first reply, as I've ordered a pair.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Yep i agree, they keep you dry, great for high seat work or on the hills of Scotland in winter, but too damned heavy and hot for me in Devon, 99% of my stalking is walked
    Plus one of the small zips bust after a few weeks, but couldn't be bothered over that to send them back, my buddy took a back pack of Harkila's to Montana and every zip broke, just a pity that such a quality material is joined without YKK zips!
    I got some cheap waterproof cammo from the states when i went over, just a shell really, perfect for 35.
    Cheers
    Richard
    Last edited by devon deer stalker; 22-12-2012 at 12:09. Reason: added 'without YKK ZIPS'

Good stuff, had mine for a few seasons, no leaks at all. Also, if you tighten the ankle straps tightly around the top of your boots, you are good to cross water up to thigh deep with no water ingress. But be quick doing it!

Ritchie, I read your pm properly this time!!!!
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Yes, sorry about that
    Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Ritchie, I read your pm properly this time!!!!

Have 2 pairs and jacket! Had them for 3 years and dont wash often if at all! they tend to brush of easy blood and mud, but they problem i had was they began to get damp around the arse and knees. the jacket also got damp around shoulders! i looked into it and found it could be cleaned/tumble dried. i was going to nikwax them but thought id give them a wash and tumble dry with powder based cleaner, hey presto no leaks! AWhen i looked into cleaning goretex materials its actually advised to wash and tumble dry this stuff as it re energises the material! Other wise bloody good gear! i did fall through a barbed wire fence when i first got them first day out, felt blood running inside my legs and was afraid to look at the trousers but they didnt get a mark on them nor the inner material just my legs got shredded!

Best of gear. Not for summer as they do get a bit warm but for cold and wet I would not be without them.

Quote Originally Posted by devon deer stalker View Post
    Yep i agree, they keep you dry, great for high seat work or on the hills of Scotland in winter, but too damned heavy and hot for me in Devon, 99% of my stalking is walked...
    Agree. Pro-Hunters not for walking about in, but excellent for standing around in. Too many pockets. Have got a pair of these too - Buy Harkila Extreme X Trousers - shop at suppliers Scott Country and most impressed so far. Regards JCS