Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Get them while you can.

Get them while you can.

In the wake of that awful shooting at the school in Connecticut (USA) there is increased rumble about an Assault Weapon Ban in the press. As always, this has sent shooters into a wave of panic buying and components are a #1 item.

When I went to the Big City there wasn't a primer to be found for centerfire rifle, in small or large varieties. That is in several large stores. In Cabelas they had some but were limiting purchases to a few boxes per customer. One store had primers but had jacked their prices up 40% (And in doing so, lost my business forever, those carpetbagging ba$tards)

All this means that in all likelihood, you folks across the wine dark sea will soon feel the crunch. I would stock up if you can. It may take a while but it will surely come.~Muir

Cheers for the 'heads up'
    stuff last miniute Xmas shopping, I'm first in line at the gunshop in the morning

Andy, I always like to "Lay in" stuff, as Mike Flyboy 270 would attest to!................. here's lookin' at next years tame transatlantic pilotage.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Its already started here, all the gunshops here are selling out quickly and theres no word on when they'll be able to bring in more. Thats why I always keep a lot in reserve.

AB

I have about 30K primers of various sizes because I remember the last ban of 1996 and some of the more recent scares. I never paid scalpers prices and I never ran out of components. I always buy bargain bullets when I find them because you never know.....~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    In the wake of that awful shooting at the school in Connecticut (USA) there is increased rumble about an Assault Weapon Ban in the press. As always, this has sent shooters into a wave of panic buying and components are a #1 item.

When I went to the Big City there wasn't a primer to be found for centerfire rifle, in small or large varieties. That is in several large stores. In Cabelas they had some but were limiting purchases to a few boxes per customer. One store had primers but had jacked their prices up 40% (And in doing so, lost my business forever, those carpetbagging ba$tards)

All this means that in all likelihood, you folks across the wine dark sea will soon feel the crunch. I would stock up if you can. It may take a while but it will surely come.~Muir
    Rang sportsmans gun center today for some rem 7.5 small rifle primers was told they are on back order with the main importer (edgar bros) as they have none in stock,rang another local shop and was told the same.Not holding my breath as to when edgar bros will get a shipment from the states
    dave

in not short of primers but i do get in a panic once i drop below 500 !

presently sitting on 3000 or there abouts but ive another 2000 placed on order from a mate who gets them for me !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

So you are all going to start panic buying over here then, why? There are several European suppliers which make perfectly good reloading products but some people are so used to components from the States that they don't look elsewhere!
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Sorry but i cannot honestly see the point in an assault rifle. Ban them milatry only is my thought on these. 30 rounds a second really? Muir this is not a dig at you.

Quote Originally Posted by wikedwickedmotox View Post
    Sorry but i cannot honestly see the point in an assault rifle. Ban them milatry only is my thought on these. 30 rounds a second really? Muir this is not a dig at you.
    I take it that you have never owned or shot a self loading rifle other than in .22 then!
    Assault rifle is the emotive term used by the anti gun lobby normally, as is handgun rather than pistol. In actual fact the term handgun originally meant a gun that could be held and aimed by a man rather than being carriage mounted.

P.S. 30 rounds a second takes some doing.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.