Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bavarian again looking for help

bavarian again looking for help

i stalk with a guy in suffolk/norfolk who has a bavarian and is going to pup here in the new year
    gotta say outta the dogs ive seen its mustard not headstrong, biddable, good worker
    would like a bavarian but the research ive done theres not a lot out there
    i tried the bavain owners still waiting!!! i think there is a deer dog video out thre which im trying to get hold of , cant find any books, checked the library ,waterstones etc etc can any bavarian owners please point me in the right direction ?
    much obliged
    cheers
    xmas greets
    scout

Hi scout!
    My personal advise: stay away from dogs without official papers, stay with pure breeds! (I know, there will be another nasty discussion very soon..., and I am not going comment it again or any more.)
    If you need any further help, no matter which type of bloodhound you are looking for, feel free to contact me (by pm)! You may find a lot of books and videos in German, especially the vids should help you, just by watching the pics....

atb, merry xmas,

Michael
    People's hobbies are more their measure's than are their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    Hi scout!
    My personal advise: stay away from dogs without official papers, stay with pure breeds! (I know, there will be another nasty discussion very soon..., and I am not going comment it again or any more.)
    If you need any further help, no matter which type of bloodhound you are looking for, feel free to contact me (by pm)! You may find a lot of books and videos in German, especially the vids should help you, just by watching the pics....

atb, merry xmas,

Michael
    Extremely good advice !

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildboar1973 View Post
    Hi scout!

atb, merry xmas,

Michael
    Theres no mention the dogs not papered. The op is looking for books re the breed.

Nutty

The OP was a request for help nutty, which Wildboar 1973 has kindly given in the way of good advise. That's all . Merry Christmas to all , Regards WIDU.
    TO STRIVE, TO SEEK, TO FIND. AND NEVER TO YIELD.

If the guys dog works well, is what you would want and he's having a litter, then get one of the pups! Who gives a toss what papers it has!? Of course, it would be helpful to know that the other dog in the mating is of a similar standard. If possible, you should meet the other dog and see it work preferably.

If your happy that both dogs work well and confident that you could train one of the pups to a standard that you'd be happy with, then get one. Papers are only ever relevant (in my opinion) when you want to compete against other dogs of the same breed.

Quote Originally Posted by shabz View Post
    if the guys dog works well, is what you would want and he's having a litter, then get one of the pups! Who gives a toss what papers it has!? Of course, it would be helpful to know that the other dog in the mating is of a similar standard. If possible, you should meet the other dog and see it work preferably.

If your happy that both dogs work well and confident that you could train one of the pups to a standard that you'd be happy with, then get one. Papers are only ever relevant (in my opinion) when you want to compete against other dogs of the same breed.
    well said sir
    If its hit its history / If its missed its a mystery

A gun is always loaded .A mule always kicks

Quote Originally Posted by Shabz View Post
    If the guys dog works well, is what you would want and he's having a litter, then get one of the pups! Who gives a toss what papers it has!? Of course, it would be helpful to know that the other dog in the mating is of a similar standard. If possible, you should meet the other dog and see it work preferably.

+1 all dogs are crossbreed , papers mean nothing

Would you buy a car with no v5 cert?

Regards, Jez
    slowly slowly catch a monkey..

Straightbetweentheeyes......100%
    Shabz....myself and Widu have had a laugh at your post,thanks its cheered up a really wet Xmas
    Lets not get into this again.....some people know not what they're spouting off about,others just like to spout.
    Thanks for the laugh,regards,wolverine and Widu..........
    Wildboar 1973 is also spot on.
    There is 2 dogs in UK that have proper V5 certificates.....
    All the best for Xmas and a the best for 2013.....

https://m.facebook.com/UKSHA-502164506587351/
    Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports