bavarian again looking for help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lovatscout

i stalk with a guy in suffolk/norfolk who has a bavarian and is going to pup here in the new year
gotta say outta the dogs ive seen its mustard not headstrong, biddable, good worker
would like a bavarian but the research ive done theres not a lot out there
i tried the bavain owners still waiting!!! i think there is a deer dog video out thre which im trying to get hold of , cant find any books, checked the library ,waterstones etc etc can any bavarian owners please point me in the right direction ?
much obliged
cheers
xmas greets
scout

Hi scout!
My personal advise: stay away from dogs without official papers, stay with pure breeds! (I know, there will be another nasty discussion very soon..., and I am not going comment it again or any more.)
If you need any further help, no matter which type of bloodhound you are looking for, feel free to contact me (by pm)! You may find a lot of books and videos in German, especially the vids should help you, just by watching the pics....

atb, merry xmas,

Michael

Hi scout!
My personal advise: stay away from dogs without official papers, stay with pure breeds! (I know, there will be another nasty discussion very soon..., and I am not going comment it again or any more.)
If you need any further help, no matter which type of bloodhound you are looking for, feel free to contact me (by pm)! You may find a lot of books and videos in German, especially the vids should help you, just by watching the pics....

atb, merry xmas,

Michael

Extremely good advice !

Hi scout!

atb, merry xmas,

Michael

Theres no mention the dogs not papered. The op is looking for books re the breed.

Nutty

The OP was a request for help nutty, which Wildboar 1973 has kindly given in the way of good advise. That's all . Merry Christmas to all , Regards WIDU.

If the guys dog works well, is what you would want and he's having a litter, then get one of the pups! Who gives a toss what papers it has!? Of course, it would be helpful to know that the other dog in the mating is of a similar standard. If possible, you should meet the other dog and see it work preferably.

If your happy that both dogs work well and confident that you could train one of the pups to a standard that you'd be happy with, then get one. Papers are only ever relevant (in my opinion) when you want to compete against other dogs of the same breed.

if the guys dog works well, is what you would want and he's having a litter, then get one of the pups! Who gives a toss what papers it has!? Of course, it would be helpful to know that the other dog in the mating is of a similar standard. If possible, you should meet the other dog and see it work preferably.

If your happy that both dogs work well and confident that you could train one of the pups to a standard that you'd be happy with, then get one. Papers are only ever relevant (in my opinion) when you want to compete against other dogs of the same breed.

well said sir

If the guys dog works well, is what you would want and he's having a litter, then get one of the pups! Who gives a toss what papers it has!? Of course, it would be helpful to know that the other dog in the mating is of a similar standard. If possible, you should meet the other dog and see it work preferably.

+1 all dogs are crossbreed , papers mean nothing

Straightbetweentheeyes......100%
Shabz....myself and Widu have had a laugh at your post,thanks its cheered up a really wet Xmas
Lets not get into this again.....some people know not what they're spouting off about,others just like to spout.
Thanks for the laugh,regards,wolverine and Widu..........
Wildboar 1973 is also spot on.
There is 2 dogs in UK that have proper V5 certificates.....
All the best for Xmas and a the best for 2013.....

I'm pleased to have been so entertaining for you both! ;) Merry Christmas!

I wouldn't buy a car with no V5. I wouldn't be able to use it legally.

I believe a more apt question would be 'would you buy a washing machine without the 15 year extended warranty?'. That, I would do. I don't give a toss how long a washing machine lasts.

Would you recommend that someone buy a registered spaniel from an unknown source over an unregistered one of known (by known i mean one that the purchaser knows personally) parentage?? I can't help but feel your views would differ if it were not a bavarian that the question was about. That, my friend, is the elitism that you so quickly deny every time this subject appears.

Straightbetweentheeyes......100%
Shabz....myself and Widu have had a laugh at your post,thanks its cheered up a really wet Xmas
Lets not get into this again.....some people know not what they're spouting off about,others just like to spout.
Thanks for the laugh,regards,wolverine and Widu..........
Wildboar 1973 is also spot on.
There is 2 dogs in UK that have proper V5 certificates.....
All the best for Xmas and a the best for 2013.....
Let's face facts most dogs with ped Certs are not worth the paper there written on, are you all sayin that a dog out of FTC or any other award are guaranteed to be good workers if so, you are talking out of your proverbial, the failure rate may be low but you still get failures, as to tracking deer, get yourself a working stock beagle.

HO HO HO,elitism or knowledge of dogs where there is none on these shores.
The OP is asking for a stud dog.
Wildboar correctly states stay away from unpapered dogs,correct.
Only 2 correctly papered dogs in UK.FACT.Both BGS.No other KC registered BGS have full and proper papers
Do you know what full and proper papers consist of,it's not just working ability,far from it,although that features highly in it.
No one can compare with FTCh as this also shows a complete lack of knowledge on the subject.
Elitism-there's people who know and them that don't....simple.If that's elitism then it is,yes I do know.
BTW Shabz,BGS,GWP,lab,HS,spaniel,cocker,terrier or lurcher,ask away-nought to do with elitism but knowing what you're talking about,you obviously do not.
There's a big difference between breeding a SUPPOSEDLY known line of dogs compared to one that is DEFINITELY known,this is the problem.BGS in UK have falsified pedigrees with dogs missing further back,certain dogs with different parents,you though are saying this matters not.....
ARE THEY BGS???
Have a good one and stop drinking the amber nectar,cos you're speaking shite.....
Oh and PS Shabz-look at Kennel club thread,your last comment,paragraph 3,1st sentence..........MAKE YOUR MIND UP MY FRIEND
PPS,if you don't know what yer talking about you really need to stop trolling;)
Have a good festive period all......

nail head on the hit the Mannie....

So Shaba you'd spend 500 quid on a washing machine with no warranty?? What if it blew up when you turned it on? Must have more money than sense....( about 4quid by the looks of it...) what 'the elite' are trying to say, is that there are lot of bgs in this country that have been bred incorrectly which has led to many cases of epilepsy and other genetic defects, and I know this for a fact as a friend of mine has such a hound.. Costs him a fortune in vets prescriptions every month... Buying a dog that has been health and conformation tested at least gives you peace of mind that any dog you may buy is at least fit and healthy... Whether that dog is any good work wise is down to the handler and absolutely fu(£ all to do with its parents... I could get a puppy from dave lathams open winner and give it to Norris up the road and you could put your house on it that it would turn out a bag of shat...

Merry Christmas to one and all... Jez.

Here we go again !! I can see the new year starting with 2 less members. This business of having the holly grail of papers for dogs is BS.

There are plenty of good working dogs belonging to much more experienced stalkers that do not have THE PIECE OF PAPER. Much like people, those that have all the degrees and paperwork and no experience, dont make them the best choice.

The above post has been removed due to the unseasonal remarks, both rude, uncalled for and coming from a large glass of whisky probably!!

Thread locked so we do not get anymore nasty remarks on the same old same old.

Have a good one everyone.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back