Thread: Another eventful Christmas Eve

Another eventful Christmas Eve

This time last year I was in the A@E at RUH following a major RTA so tonight I was looking forward to a quiet evening in.

Alas no on arriving home my parents informed me there was no electric in one side of the kitchen, quick investigation revealed no power to spur or garage, two deep freezes off, RCD not working. Frantic call to electrician (8pm) no reply. Frantic race around to neighbours to borrow extensions.

Eventually freezers sorted but no gas boiler etc. Electrician calls long on call fix no good, rewire boiler to plug to extension fine fridge fine, plug in microwave house plunges into darkness!!!!!

Major panic multiple reset of MK box still no power Txt to sparky as no mobile signal, eventually not sure how power restored to house, re wire boiler. Much relief!!

So just finished wrapping pressies,had a big Penderyn and see you are all on line so happy Christmas, and good stalking/ shooting on Boxing Day.

Regards

D

Ahhh, glad (don`t really mean that) i`m not the only one. We have a water pipe issue which i`ve just done a botch job on for now.
    I don`t fancy paying plumbers rates for a christmas day call out!!
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Agree,

I only had a new consumer fitted 13 months ago hence the sparkys concern.

We must arrange a Somerset meet in the new Year. Also lots of ducks on the extended levels this am.

D

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Agree,

We must arrange a Somerset meet in the new Year. Also lots of ducks on the extended levels this am.

D
    We will do mate. Have a good day today.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyres View Post
    Agree,

D
    one small thing to look at with boilers is the siting on the flue you can get the boiler shorting out with rain blowing back down the flue, happens quite often during wet and windy days .

As you have done check the circuit with a extension cable may show the problem .