b/b near castle douglas

Ye old stalker

Hi, Am looking for reasonable b/b near St Johns Town, castle Douglas for a night or two anybody have any ideas, Thanks ATB Ye old stalker

I use the Galloway Arms at Crocketford. Pat has a "stalkers" rate of £30 a night. Good breakfast and the benefit of good bar food. They also have a chiller unit to hang carcass in and will even buy it off you for their own use.

Stan

b&b

Kenmure Arms, New Galloway. Very basic and a bit run down but welcoming to stalkers, cheap and a breakfast when you want it. Clean beds etc (£28 I think)

lee-stroud said:
u could try corbieton house

"Crocketford"

Why not stay in Newton Stewart or Dalmellington?

Or... You could stay in Dalry & have an extra hour in bed.

The Clachan (centre of Dalry)
The Lochinvar(centre of Dalry

Glenluart (Moniaive)01848200331
Auchencheyne (moniave) 01848200589

griff

The Ken Bridge hotel a bit further south used to be good. Breakfast any time or take your food with you.
Been a while since I was there.
Paul

smullery said:
I use the Galloway Arms at Crocketford. Pat has a "stalkers" rate of £30 a night. Good breakfast and the benefit of good bar food. They also have a chiller unit to hang carcass in and will even buy it off you for their own use.

Stan

I will be there this weekend. Perfect stalkers base!

Novice

I reiterate the fact that they will correctly hang carcass for you. Even had a mate as a second time user call to ask if he could use them as a cold store whilst at his daughter's wedding in Dumfries. ( had to nip out for a stalk on the morning). Pat(ricia) obliged.

Proper family business and very stalker friendly. You "gain" more from chatting with the locals.

Stan

Back