Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Swarovski scope advice x50 or x56?!?

  1. #1

    Swarovski scope advice x50 or x56?!?

    Hi all

    After some advise off those that have used Swarovski scopes.

    I presently have a Zeiss but looking to upgrade in the new year. I've shot my mates .243 a number of times and its fitted with a 5-30x50 z6i it's brilliant and offers me those valuable last minutes at last light etc.

    So the question is how does the 2.5-15x56 z6i compare? Obviously zoom is reduced this isn't that important to me what is, is low light gathering is it much better than the x50?

    Cheers all and happy Christmas.

  2. #2
    I have the z6 model and rate it highly . Last light its great . Zeiss has great glass too !
    Atb Steve

  3. #3
    Depending on your use for the scope, the 56 mm. Would give you the good all round scope.

    I use 2.5 - 10 x 56 mm zenith S&B cannot fault em as well as the 3-12 x 50mm zenith own preference is for the 56mm but that is just me. I can reduce the mag right down and have good light retention as well long range capabilities, See if can have a look see & try them both to make sure you get the right one for you, first time round, they are a lot of dollar and a good investment Good luck

    Phil

  4. #4
    Cheers guys

    My Zeiss duralyt 3-12x50 IR is adequate but compared to my mates Swarovski Z6i 5-30x50....

    Most of my stalking is woodland, mostly from high seats always best results at first / last light, then once a week I lamp four farms for foxes. I was considering the Z6i 2.5-15x56 like I say don't need the zoom well past 15 anyway, i was just interested in the light gathering and how much better it was from a 50. I guess the next chance to see a load of scopes and talk to the "experts" is at the shooting show.

    anyway cheers again...

  5. #5
    I have the Z6i 2.5-15x56 and it's absolutely brilliant in low light. Sure you don't have the zoom level of the 5-35x50, but you really don't need that level of magnification for stalking.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by White Hart View Post
    Hi all

    After some advise off those that have used Swarovski scopes.

    I presently have a Zeiss but looking to upgrade in the new year. I've shot my mates .243 a number of times and its fitted with a 5-30x50 z6i it's brilliant and offers me those valuable last minutes at last light etc.

    So the question is how does the 2.5-15x56 z6i compare? Obviously zoom is reduced this isn't that important to me what is, is low light gathering is it much better than the x50?

    Cheers all and happy Christmas.
    If you use the 5x30x50 and put it on 7xmag then you will have exactly the same light gathering as the 2.5x15x56 set at 8xmag.I have a 3x18x50 z6 and a m8 has the 2.5x15x56 z6i and i can't tell any differance between the 50 and 56mm.There is only so much light a scope can gather,just wind the mag down

  7. #7
    I also have the 2.5-15 x 56 BT and it is great at last light and beyond. I know it's expensive, but you buy for life.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by A J View Post
    I have the Z6i 2.5-15x56 and it's absolutely brilliant in low light. Sure you don't have the zoom level of the 5-35x50, but you really don't need that level of magnification for stalking.

    rubbish you should see the size of the deer round by me

  9. #9
    At any compared magnification the larger objective lense will give a broader beam of light out of the scope. [ This is called the `exit pupil diameter`. ]
    For many years I shot most of my deer with a 3-12X56mm steel Swarovski on my .270 Carl Gustaf.
    The reticle was the German No.1 A.

    HWH.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by triggersqueezer View Post
    rubbish you should see the size of the deer round by me



Similar Threads

  1. Wanted swarovski scope 8 x50 or 56
    By peeblesman in forum Optics
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-12-2012, 19:24
  2. Wanted nightforce scope 5.5 x 22 x56
    By big cat in forum Optics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-12-2012, 08:48
  3. Swarovski Habicht Nova 8 x56
    By Kildevil Spider in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 21-02-2012, 20:40
  4. Wanted Swarovski Z4i 3 - 12 x50 or may consider other make
    By Philwilk in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 27-10-2011, 17:19
  5. Wanted X56 scope
    By david1976 in forum Optics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 26-07-2011, 15:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •