Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The incredible Mr Fox

The incredible Mr Fox

I just thought I would say how highly I rate Charlie Fox , I for one don't shoot many deer as foxy is my main quarry and was just thinking what would I do if it wasn't for him ,so I will raise a glass to him even though I am going to try and keep them under control on my permissions.......but he is a worthy challenge so well done Mr Fox ! hope you fox shooters agree
    Enjoy yourself ........it's later than you think !!

the flooding locally has had one benefit, we shot 4 foxes today, as the woods are flooded, they are on the high ground.

Quote Originally Posted by varmint223 View Post
    he is a worthy challenge so well done Mr Fox ! hope you fox shooters agree
    A big plus 1 on that

Neil.

Good post. Yes, despite being a right pest they ate a worthy and testing adversary. Cheers Charles

+1 also. I have found my interest in deer stalking has waned just a little whilst my passion for foxes has risen. I really enjoy the tough ones and the challenge. I always feel as if with deer your skill results in ambushing and then assasinating a totally unaware quarry, one that often only has half an eye out for trouble. Reynard on the other hand is often totally switched on and requires you to think your way to a result. I bear them no animosity and think they are beautiful, I will continue to pursue them anywhere required/ requested however.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingduckdog View Post
    I bear them no animosity and think they are beautiful, I will continue to pursue them anywhere required/ requested however.
    That pretty much sums up my feelings about charlie too!

For me the Christmas truce with Mr Raynard ends tomorrow, I hope he has enjoyed the rest.

One day I want to be as wonderful as my dogs think i am .....

I ruined this pairs Christmas. You can see the crow wing they were passing between each other in a very flirtatious manner!

Attachment 22737
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Quote Originally Posted by shootingduckdog View Post
    +1 also. I have found my interest in deer stalking has waned just a little whilst my passion for foxes has risen. I really enjoy the tough ones and the challenge. I always feel as if with deer your skill results in ambushing and then assassinating a totally unaware quarry, one that often only has half an eye out for trouble. Reynard on the other hand is often totally switched on and requires you to think your way to a result. I bear them no animosity and think they are beautiful, I will continue to pursue them anywhere required/ requested however.
    ^^This^^.

Yep, a worthy adversary.I always get a shiver of excitement when i scan the fields and pick up that telltale flash of eyes.Sometimes i`ve spent weeks trying to outwit one fox.Challenging.