Thread: anyone had experience with Ltl Acorn 5210M camera?

anyone had experience with Ltl Acorn 5210M camera?

This is the model that sends messages to your mobile with pictures and videos etc.... Thinking of getting one to keep an eye on the place.

Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on them??

Cheers fellas

I've been using one of these for the last year over here in Norway.

Pics are great, the video is ok but keep it small on your PC screen, don't make it full screen when watching or the quality is horrible, to be honest I never use the video feature as it eats the batteries.

The MMS feature works well if you have a strong signal, in my terrain the signal strength is medium so sometimes it sends, some times it doesn't but when I tried it at another location with full strength it worked great.

It takes a little bit practice getting the camera in the right position so always switch it on an activate it to take a pic, then re-check to make sure your covering the correct area.

Here's some pics and video examples:

Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

thanks for the info looks good. I really like the idea of getting text messages so i can see whats going on from home

Your welcome mate, just let me know if you have any other questions!

The photo's in the above post don't really do the camera justice as it was quite a dark area, in brighter areas the quality is excellent.
    Jonathan

My Hunting Blog: click here

They are great, and the text option is a good idea but be careful as MMS can get expensive, especially if the camera sensitivity is not set correctly or it is in a position where it could send continuous pictures of a branch or grass moving in the wind.

Quote Originally Posted by Sprocker101 View Post
    This is the model that sends messages to your mobile with pictures and videos etc.... Thinking of getting one to keep an eye on the place.

Anyone have any reviews or thoughts on them??

Cheers fellas
    Did you purchase one in the end?
    I like the idea of these.
    Cheers
    Richard

Not purchased one yet, but i am still planning on it. Looks like a great bit of kit
    cheers

I have two acorn cameras, there was a problem with the battery lid on the first one, it broke. The second has a few improvements, but the battery lid is not one of them, be very gentle!
    To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

I have two, an older one that you take the battery box to view the screen this one is the better of the two. It gets better signal and is the visible led which gives better picture at night.
    The other one is a blue led model with drop down screen which is better for positioning camera as you can see where it's pointing. But it crap on signal and the low glow has crap pictures at night.
    They do one with a large ariel on it and drop down screen, going to get one of these and sell other one on flea bay.