Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Leatherman or Gerber?

Leatherman or Gerber?

Going to get one with the money Santa gave me, which one though?

Had both I'd say Leatherman always on my belt and when I broke one they replaced foc no hassle
    norma

Second that. So much of Gerber has turned to junk.~Muir

Leatherman, had mine over 15 years still going strong.
    Cheers
    Richard

i have a leatherman surge a bit heavy but good strong multitool.
    never owned a gerber but have held a couple. they dont seem as well made. bit flimsy

I had a bear grills whats his face gerber i had it for 2 years and within 6 months sent it back as the locking tangs broke it took ages to get a replacment after 6 months that was playing up lose joints and the blade wouldnt hold a sharp edge and as its meabt to be a knife aswell its not much help lolthey may not all be like this i could be very unlucky! so my next buy will be a leatherman

Gerber ease of one handed opening of pliers, I have the old 400 fisherman, olso the new model with the Caribena now that is pointless

My Leatherman WAVE original was replaced under warranty f.o.c. - problem was they sent the "new improved" WAVE - not as good, so I managed to do a trade with someone...so job done

That said, one of THE most under-rated multi-tools is the VICTORINOX

IF I was in the market again I'd get the Swiss made one as I've had poor experiences with the Gerber tools I owned & I'm not a fan of the current Leatherman offerings

Quote Originally Posted by saddler View Post
    My Leatherman WAVE original was replaced under warranty f.o.c. - problem was they sent the "new improved" WAVE - not as good, so I managed to do a trade with someone...so job done

That said, one of THE most under-rated multi-tools is the VICTORINOX

IF I was in the market again I'd get the Swiss made one as I've had poor experiences with the Gerber tools I t owned & I'm not a fan of the current Leatherman offerings
    Mrs works for the fuzz and they get a victortorinox looks very good not managed to get it off her yet !

Quote Originally Posted by norma 308 View Post
    Mrs works for the fuzz and they get a victortorinox looks very good not managed to get it off her yet !
    ...try harder