Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decoy four legged sticks.

Decoy four legged sticks.

Just got a set for myself (kids bought them for my Christmas,(I bought,kids wrapped them) lol !)

Anyone else got a set,I have had a couple of two leg options that were okay but found when twisting to reduce size the components failed and it was a bucket job.I have seen a few variations of four leggers at a BDS shoot,home made and a variety of manufactured.

I have only tried them dry mounted but seem well made and very steady when the rifle is mounted.

Your thoughts ?

Seeland Seeland Shooting Stick - 4 Legged - Black | Uttings.co.uk
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Are the joints flexible to allow them to twist a bit. I hve a set made with bamboo canes which are super light and strong. For the hinges i have used bicycle innertube twisted and put through a short section of blue water pipe. You'll find they are as stable as shooting of a bipod with practice.

I have seen various home made jobs in the flesh and i think there is a lad on this site sells them!
    The are very well made and seem flexible yet robust.One good point is as that all four leges have number settings,so easy to set up quickly to your desired height.
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Hi
    have you seen these -
    Barry Smith using his Southwick Quad Stalking Stick System
    looks to me to be pretty stable
    Andrew

have been using quad sticks for the last 4 yrs or so , completely revolutionised my stalking .

i made mine out of 4 green garden canes plasic covered jobs and 4 bolts , cost me 12

Discretion assured
    - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857

please visit our web site:
    http://uksha1 or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest.

Quote Originally Posted by leec6.5 View Post
    have been using quad sticks for the last 4 yrs or so , completely revolutionised my stalking .

i made mine out of 4 green garden canes plasic covered jobs and 4 bolts , cost me 12
    My mate did the same never used them myself but he thinks there great.

Andy

used similar quad sticks for about 3 years now .would not go out stalking without them .great bit off kit

I knocked up a set of these using green sticks from b&q.A peice of webbing across the rear tips gives a bit of lateral movement and keeps the ends out of your face.I find them very stable for standing shots.

Wow. I've never seen such a thing! Or if I had, I didn't pay attention. What a strange bit of equipment.~Muir

I was given a set by S A Shooter from this site and they work a treat, it took a while to get used to them but what a bit of kit. I have tried a single pair and was getting to much movement to take a clean shot.
    Shooting pigeons about 3 times a week I am all ways moving the gun but with the rifle and the quad sticks I have shot around a 100 foxes this year out to 312 yards off them.

Tim.243