Thread: My effort with my 22

My effort with my 22

Attachment 22763After a recent thread about 22 subs out 150yds I had a go out to 110yds,head shooting rabbits at 150yds you may need a bit of luck.the wind eased after the first 5 shots starting at 50yds
    Last edited by swarovski; 27-12-2012 at 15:09.

i seem to struggle to get my t-bolt to shoot further than 75 with subs but my mates finnfire ive seen take bunnies around 150 no fuss(probably just under in all honesty)

I let one go a bit at 100 and 110yds,ive shot smaller groups at 100yds,alot of hold over at 150yds

which subs are you using out of a amtter of interest? as im fine with winny subs out to 75 but then its not worth it. ive just got used to the fact i have to get that bit closer than my mate does

I had a .22 CZ with a 20" match barrel that would produce tight groups at 150 no problem. My next .22 wouldn't until I eventually got it re-screw cut and crowned.

Crappy misaligned mods don't help either.

I'm gonna try and get some shooting in as reckon I can get a decent group at 150 with my .22

I use eley subs,i am looking forward to seeing a 150yd group with subs,not sure what the barrel length is but it's standard,what would the difference between my cz452 and a 20 inch match barrel

My finfire (Completely standard) uses some CZ 1" mounts, a SAK mod and a Swarovski Nova 6x42. I call it the ultimate .22!!

Using winchesters (they were what I could get last time I bought ammo) it shoots easy 3/4" groups at 70yrds (this is the distance I zero it at). It drops almost 3" (2.8" off a bench) at 100yrds then 6" at 120yards.

Basically with that gun out to 150 I just aim at the top of its ears- it doesn't miss many.

My mate who's a keeper shoots a cz synth everyday and he's a crack shot - used this and was blown away with its accuracy!

T

Quote Originally Posted by swarovski View Post
    I use eley subs,i am looking forward to seeing a 150yd group with subs,not sure what the barrel length is but it's standard,what would the difference between my cz452 and a 20 inch match barrel
    Couldn't tell you mate, could be the heavier barrel, could be length, could be barrel quality... might just be that I was younger and fitter and had better eyesight when I had my CZ!!! I guess I'll find out when I try and do a decent group!

Mine is heavy barrel but standard Cz one,hi tommo I zero mine half inch high at 50yds,did find if I zeroed at longer ranges I would miss squirrels over the top closer in