Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DCS Bill - YOUR HELP NEEDED

DCS Bill - YOUR HELP NEEDED

Dear All,

Following the latest revelations of the DCS and their forthcoming Wildlife and Environment bill, I think that we as stalkers need to formulate a response to it. We need to have a set of cogent and pertinent questions as to how this will affect stalking in Scotland and the effect it will have on the deer population. It is not just Scottish stalkers that could feel the repercussions of these proposals; the qualification restrictions will also affect visiting sportsmen as well, how long before they stop visiting?

We need to have a fairly comprehensive set of answers in response to the questions raised by the DCS in their document, plus our own questions based on what they have left unanswered. What form their proposed qualification will take, the cost involved are a couple that spring to mind. I shall over the next couple of days be having a long hard look at their proposals and formulating questions and raising issues where I think it necessary. If you do the same I do not mind collating them and producing one document consisting of all the points raised. Obviously we shall overlap on many areas but that does not matter as there are bound to points raised by some that are overlooked by others.

We also need to send the same document to our respective members of Parliament, Iím sure the financial outlay in the setting up of unnecessary testing would be enough to grab their attention, besides the concern expressed by the stalking community. The various bodies that represent us are, by and large, showing precious little in the way of an active response on our behalf, so we shall have to do it ourselves.

I did receive one bit of good news today though that will mean that my membership with BASC will never be renewed instead I shall be joining the Scottish Association for Country Sports.

As an aside it is not only Scottish stalkers that will be affected, anyone in the UK who has lease on Scottish ground at the moment, will also need to have the relevant, or equivalent, qualification to continue with their stalking in Scotland.

John

I'll be in touch with my answers as soon as I've got them all!
    I'll be at Scone in a week or so and will be voicing my displeasure at the BASC tent as I'm sure many others will also.

Thank you for taking this on.

I'm reading through the bumpf this evening and trying to get my head around this bulls##t. If ever there was a time for us all to get together and fight for our livelihoods and sport then now is that time. There's no end to the damage these politicians and quangos can do. And can we really trust BASC with such a vested interest in strengthening their political position through DCS? Maybe they're on our side, maybe they're not, but we have to make our own stance on this issue.

I will not be renewing my BASC again until I am sure that this matter is resolved and that BASC are fighting for our interests and not theirs.

Let's get all our thoughts together for SD Admin so that a coherent response can be made on all our behalf.

Thanks for leading this Admin.

Aye, Craig

DSC

You have a pm re questions

Tonyc

The advice I have received is that to get ourselves heard we need to make as many INDIVIDUAL responses as possible. So while a collective response from SD would be great, if we can also all share ideas and then make our own individual responses i think that will greaten the chances of making a difference.

I dont think the scottish government have made it that easy to resond (a printable response form with at least the question headings, etc on would have been a start). I notice that BASC are drafting a response, and have been in touch with the SGA to see if they are doing the same (which Im sure they will).

Quote Originally Posted by traveler
    The advice I have received is that to get ourselves heard we need to make as many INDIVIDUAL responses as possible. So while a collective response from SD would be great, if we can also all share ideas and then make our own individual responses i think that will greaten the chances of making a difference.

I dont think the scottish government have made it that easy to resond (a printable response form with at least the question headings, etc on would have been a start). I notice that BASC are drafting a response, and have been in touch with the SGA to see if they are doing the same (which Im sure they will).
    I think it's essential that responses are made individually.

Some of you may remember the last consultation, I was responsible for the "block " response from the SGA, we put forward nearly 1000 response but DCS would only put them as 1 response as they all came from the SGA, we[SGA committee] demanded that they were to be reated individually , this meant DCS had to respond to each one individually, it pissed a few people off!!!!!

Individual responses and lobbying along with strong representation from our shooting org's is the way ahead.

That's a good point. Collective response, but most importantly a pile of individual responses. That makes more sense.
    Wonder if we can have a template response that's easier for folks to use.

Those of us south of the border can raise the issue with our own MPs. This "should" be a personal approach and not an "us & them".

Don't print it but use legible handwriting. Take the time to attend one of your MPs surgeries. Do not demand but suss out their approach to fieldsports before you alienate them. I live in Lincolnshire so "sports" are not an unknown issue. Tower Hamlets and most of Manchester might be...

Include, do not exclude. DAVID BASC is not an enemy....

Sofltly, softly he catch monkey ( just not allowed to shoot it as you can't get them on your FAC).

We have ALL been aware of this since last year and commented upon it here. Only since this week can we now make our legitimate comments on this to the official bodies.

Let's do this but we are all responsible for our own actions. If you live in Dordet, stalk in Dorset and never go to Scotland your voice will not carry any weight. The magic word is stakeholder.

I doubt if many landholders in Scotland like anyone telling them what they cannot do on their own land...

Talk/work with them, ultimately stalkers are the client and landowners are the landlord.

TOGETHER.

Stan

Just relaxed and taken into account that this is a;

Scottish Regulatory issue...

ergo, anyone South of the Border really carries no weight!

It has really to be tied into a National issue not just a Devolved issue.

Other WILDLIFE issues need to be dragged in.

RSPB, hated as they may be.........

End the Tweed fishing anomaly for migratory fish....

Data Protection Act issues between ?

Stan

Wouldn't this be the place for us to put our thoughts down and come up with our reply. We arnt all literrary greats so when the response was completed by the more intelligent amoungst us we could then all write to the relevant authourities with that coherent message.
    Better that than bits and bobs and perhaps missing some crucial points.
    In the mean time if we do write our thoughts down here, John has already taken up the baton on our behalf to compile a respose from our thoughts.