Thread: Lamp choice

Lamp choice

Happy new year folks just wondered does anyone know of a cheaper or better choice to lightforce lamps iv had three 170 the electrics are ***** iv modified all of them but they keep burning some part of it, any ideas for a different lamp thats any better thanks alot

I never had that problem with the 100w xenon cluson lamp,my mates just got the new 170 hid lightforce and he said its amazing,way better than the 240 blitz,he said he could see fence posts clear as day at 775yds,they are pricey though,rrp around 250 oouch

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by bijssg View Post
    Happy new year folks just wondered does anyone know of a cheaper or better choice to lightforce lamps iv had three 170 the electrics are ***** iv modified all of them but they keep burning some part of it, any ideas for a different lamp thats any better thanks alot

you need proper wire that is both up to the amperage that the lamp runs at (100 watts = about 8.3 amps continuous with a 10 amp surge when switched on) and you are better using a plug on the end that has no fuse in line as this can cause problems on its own.

i use a heavy duty socket fitted on the truck with the fuse in line to the the battery, then from the unfused plug on the lamp i use 10 amp dual core cable, its flexible and light and will take running the lamp for long periods with no issues.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Recently I asked a question about roof mounted lamps. As I was a bit uncertain about a "plastic" lightforce to leave permanently on the roof of a disco I thought about a metal lamp. I have a lightforce 170 from about 5 to 10 years old. For me the beam is a bit "open". Not realy a concentrated beam wich gives lots of details at longer range. Mainly for counting hares/ roe/ ...... Is it possible to put a HID bulb in the older lamps? Would this help to give a more concentrated , long range beam? Are there other brands wich are better?

we've just bought a new one, will get the details and let you know

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hales Smut View Post
    Recently I asked a question about roof mounted lamps. As I was a bit uncertain about a "plastic" lightforce to leave permanently on the roof of a disco I thought about a metal lamp. I have a lightforce 170 from about 5 to 10 years old. For me the beam is a bit "open". Not realy a concentrated beam wich gives lots of details at longer range. Mainly for counting hares/ roe/ ...... Is it possible to put a HID bulb in the older lamps? Would this help to give a more concentrated , long range beam? Are there other brands wich are better?
    you can focus the beam on any light force lamp.

you just need a good bulb and someone who knows what hes doing.

IMO: there's not that much out there to beat them for the price.

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

Have had a Cluson Blaserlight for about 8 years and never had a problem, it shines further than I could shoot. All the replacement parts are available on their website if needed, by British .

Quote Originally Posted by Munty_Hunter View Post
    by British .
    Just a shame Cluson don't

Neil.

Go for a Clulite CB2 Clubman. Ive had one for yonks and it seldom ever gives problems. I have a 100W bulb in it with a removable filter with the scope mount on the rifle. I seldom use the scope mount normally relaying on the holder on the battery box (very handy when your by yourself). You can buy canvas battery carry case versions but the wiring tends to get stretched and you cant set the light up when your by yourself with it. It pays to get the codes for replacement bulbs and look for them on ebay rather than buying them from clulite as they can be 10X's more expensive.
    If i had to buy a replacement it would be the same again, i cant recommend them high enough.