Thread: A hypothetical question

A hypothetical question

I've entered two competitions featured in Sporting Rifle to win a Howa or RPA rifle of the calibre of your choice. The question is; with already owning a .17HMR, a .22-250 & a 6.5x55 what other calibre would I go for if I won?

I've got an idea of what I would like if I was lucky enough to win but would be interested in others opinions.

The Howa is available in a host of calibres but the RPA on offer is limited to four, .22-250, .243 Win, .260 Rem & .308 Winchester.

Over to you fellas!

Chris

Chris,

Bit obvious really.

Take the 22-250 on a one for one variation, end up with a better rifle and sell your old one, quids in!

Stan

A hypothetical question

Hi Chris, Quite simple.
    All you need to do is win one of the Safari prizes on offer in the 'Sporting Rifle'. Buy what the article recomends, i.e. a 7x57, to take out to Africa and when back home you can shoot pigs with it.

Did the same Chris,
    After shooting Stone's 3006 I fancy one of those. As far the RPA I think I would go for a like for like against my t3 varmint.
    I would love a thumbhole stock as I can't use my trigger finger due to knackerd tendons( severed them at work 10years ago).
    So a 30-06 and a 243 would do nicely thank you very much.

Jonathon

It's definitely a hypothetical question as I've entered it too, and I'll be having a 30.06 when I win it!

Me too, and as i wont be paying for the rifle theres no need to be sensible......... 300 win mag thankyou please!

But as has been said for you

.22-250 straight swap for the RPA

30-06 or .308 for the Howa

Dan

Me too, and as i wont be paying for the rifle theres no need to be sensible......... 300 win mag thankyou please!

Dan

I think you should go for the RPA in 308

Be content with what youve already got and auction the RPA for SD members at five pounds a ticket and donate the lot to H4H

Thats what id do honest

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy-dog

Dan
    Yep I agree Dan although swapping my T3 Hunter would be hard as I've found its been a very reliable & accurate tool but that RPA is a cracker. I do fancy a 30-06 Howa.

ATB
    Chris