Runaround

Went out this afternoon and zeroed my rifle in with some 165gr nos bal tips on one permission then headed off to another to stalk,farmer is ever so chatty and got out a bit later than I had hoped,walked to silage bales and got up too have a good look around,was 4 roe in same field 279yds away,was real windy,got down and headed down the track,no cover,they let me get parallel and headed for where I was to begin with,doubled back and they went through the hedge where I thought they would go,up on the bales again and I could see another 3 several fields away,got into the same field as them and gradually got closer,just as I was getting ready off they went of boundaries,so I thought go look for the four that eluded me earlier,light was fading fast so I walked faster,bugger me I stumbled on another 2 that went through the hedge,I carried on to where the 4 went and as I neared the gateway I saw the 2 again,they let me enter the field and through the hedge they went,looked through the binos and I could see the 4 against the hedge over the brow,I edged forward and got within 75yds and still couldn't get a shot,gained a few more paces and got down,could only see there heads no backstop and I had lost the crosshairs as it was half dark,never mind was good fun trying,I will catch up with them next time,I didn't get to go to the best part of the ground either.

Went out this afternoon and zeroed my rifle in with some 165gr nos bal tips on one permission then headed off to another to stalk,farmer is ever so chatty and got out a bit later than I had hoped,walked to silage bales and got up too have a good look around,was 4 roe in same field 279yds away,was real windy,got down and headed down the track,no cover,they let me get parallel and headed for where I was to begin with,doubled back and they went through the hedge where I thought they would go,up on the bales again and I could see another 3 several fields away,got into the same field as them and gradually got closer,just as I was getting ready off they went of boundaries,so I thought go look for the four that eluded me earlier,light was fading fast so I walked faster,bugger me I stumbled on another 2 that went through the hedge,I carried on to where the 4 went and as I neared the gateway I saw the 2 again,they let me enter the field and through the hedge they went,looked through the binos and I could see the 4 against the hedge over the brow,I edged forward and got within 75yds and still couldn't get a shot,gained a few more paces and got down,could only see there heads no backstop and I had lost the crosshairs as it was half dark,never mind was good fun trying,I will catch up with them next time,I didn't get to go to the best part of the ground either.

should have bought a Blaser neil you could have shot em from 279 yards away :D regards pete .

I could have shot them easy at that range if I had wanted too pete :D.will save the gold medal shot for the gold medal :cool:

Last edited:
Back