Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: posting bullets

posting bullets

Right,
    I've been trying to get hold of some partitions for my .270. As I work about 200yds from a gunshop, can I order them from somewhere and have them sent to a local rfd? What sort of cost is there atatched to posting them? I only want a box to try. If they shoot well I will buy a couple of hundred.

Ezzy

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    Right,
    I've been trying to get hold of some partitions for my .270. As I work about 200yds from a gunshop, can I order them from somewhere and have them sent to a local rfd? What sort of cost is there atatched to posting them? I only want a box to try. If they shoot well I will buy a couple of hundred.

Ezzy
    never done it myself but almost certain they can be transferred rfd to rfd, for a fee. Sure I have heard of this In the past. Guess the cost of tho stage will vary as with rfd transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy6.5 View Post
    Right,

Ezzy
    Why not order them from your local `200 yard away` gunshop ?

HWH.

Yes that's the way to do it, they won't be posted as such but will be tranferred by approved carrier. It's the way that Midway U.K. do it and is explained on their website. It can be an expensive way to do it though and will be much cheaper if you can pick them up somewhere on your travels.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Local rfd said he couldn't get them and isn't into reloading components. Nobody round here has any in stock.I work all week and shoot every Saturday. Ni one will give me a lead time.

Ezzy

If they are not classed as expanding you can have them posted direct to you.

Other than that you can get them posted direct to your rfd. The only additional cost would be whatever your rfd decides to add.

Ezzy, you could borrow a handful from me if you are nearby anytime.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

you could always order from the states, upto 4lb in weight will cost you $16.95 on postage. share the postage with a friend and order your 100 and 200 of something else.

It makes my head spin. You guns can buy a suppressor over the counter: we can't even own one without a slew of paperwork. You can't receive bullets in the mail but we bullets, primers, and gunpowder by private carrier (UPS, Fed Ex) all the time. I'm picking up 2500 bullets at the Fed Ex office today with nothing required but a release signature because it was an insured shipment. The actual shipper doesn't care what is in the box at all.~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    you could always order from the states, upto 4lb in weight will cost you $16.95 on postage. share the postage with a friend and order your 100 and 200 of something else.
    Not into reloading myself so can't remember the exact details, but wasn't there a thread that clarified the law on doing this? Ie you can import bullets from abroad without going through any special import rigmarole?