Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: calling fox

calling fox

Handy little gadget fits in a shirt pocket, plugs into Iphone, & easily loud enough for the job in hand,NEW BLACK X-MI XMINI X-MINI II 2 2G CAPSULE PORTABLE SPEAKER - LATEST VERSION | eBay

Along with a few App calls, trying it tonight.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

looks good might order one to plug into iphone

A little light on volume,plus you would need to encourage a willing participant, will give it a couple more chances to shine!! (fe#*'n weather was sh**e) I would not have ventured forth if'n I was a fox
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

I use one of these on the "Nokia Screamer"

I just black out the power light with a bit of electrical tape and the whole lot goes in a black sock hung on a tree/fence post/green flag!

can also buy two or more and plug them into each other
    used on a laptop or ipod they produce some pretty impressive sound

they are 10 a pop on most budget airlines

SD Regular
    I've used one of these for a while now on a small MP3 player and find it most effective. Didn't find it lacked volume. I am going to try the latest offering from Bewsh Laboratories Inc though as getting the sound away from you is what the MP3 player makes difficult. Well worth the 10 IMO

As Bewsh says, you need to blank out the power light which glows a particularly vibrant blue - and the screen of whatever you're using for the sound.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Bewsh Laboratories Inc
    Am definitely stealing that!

Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    You beat me to it Bewsh! Took a really big old campaigner on a golf course last night, was trying what I thought to be a pretty ropey call from the options in the hunt app, heard what I assumed to be a domestic dog in the distance, but his barks seemed to be in sync with my efforts, as the replies got louder I put a few pauses in & sure enough he was on a bee line straight for me,I could not have been more surprised, he parked himself sitting face on to me @ 102 yards & even waited for lens caps & bipod to get sorted!... Mike reckoned he was around 15 Kilo's, Nosler Varmageddon's are pretty good too, maybe these calling tools don't need as much volume as we think?

volume is a weird one sometimes they seem to come better when the noise seems very quiet and as though it won't carry as far, I usually start quiet and work the caller up and often you will get a response in seconds if one is local.
    That barking one reminds me of one that came in behind me at the start of last year while I was sat in the truck, caller 80 yards out in the field in front and the first reply I heard was about 6ft behind the truck, don't mind admitting I jumped a tad.

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    You are very welcome to - as I will be for the free trials of all this excellent kit you're coming up with!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........