Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meopta Scope Servicing.

Meopta Scope Servicing.

Hiya, I've just noticed a tiny bit of dust inside my Meopta Artemis 2000 6x42 scope, It's done years of work, and never been looked at... so, I was going to get it serviced over the New Year,...Is there anyone in the UK that could do that for me ?, or does it have to go the Meopta CZ???

I take it Meopta dont have a factory here in the UK?? Did a search and cant find any place at all..

Thanks in advance guys.,.
    Last edited by Norrie1956; 29-12-2012 at 15:03.

Is it still under warranty and was it purchased new in the U.K.?

I recently returned a scope direct to the factory under warranty that had been purchased in the U.S. They repaired it and returned it within two weeks First class service.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hiya, Think it's now out of warranty, but was def bought new in the UK...can I tell the age from the serial number at all ??...

Quote Originally Posted by Norrie1956 View Post
    Hiya, Think it's now out of warranty, but was def bought new in the UK...can I tell the age from the serial number at all ??...
    Go on to the meopta web page and use the 'contact us' tab, send them the details of scope, ser no etc, and details of the problem, and they will tell you if it's warranty or not, and if you are lucky (most seem to be) they'll do it free anyway my mates was out of warranty, bashed and scratched up, then started fogging up, they did the service, and sent it back like new, for nothing he was happy

You have a couple of options then, either to send it back to the factory via the importers/ditributors, or to send it for reair or service with someone like Paul Burke. Paul advertises in some of the shooting magazines and is also mentioned in past postings on this site. Simply do a search for Paul Burke. I have used his services in the past for our rifle club and found him to be a genuine sort of guy.
    Meopta are a reputable company and are represented well in this country by their present importers.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Superb Guys, Thanks for all the info...I'll go with the contacting Meopta first, see what they say..I'll report back what the outcome is..

Only thing is, the scope is on my .243, so, it will be in the cabinet for a while...

Cheers and have a great New Year...

Norrie if you dont have a spare rifle or scope i can lend you a scope till you get a repair done , atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

Quote Originally Posted by mereside View Post
    Norrie if you dont have a spare rifle or scope i can lend you a scope till you get a repair done , atb wayne

Top man

Geez, What a very kind offer Wayne, and I appreciate it massively....you are a true gent mate.....I have my .22 and 17hmr,..only cheapy scopes on them.... and my shotguns...so, really will only miss my stalking.. Hopefully it wont take too long to get done.. I want it done before doing my DSC 1 in March...and, now I know that speck of dust is there, my eye keeps getting drawn to it..LOL.

Thanks again Wayne..

no worries the offer is there , i wouldnt want to give up my stalking and fortunate enough to have a couple of spare rifles but one of them is in need of a stock as i have crack in it but i have stripped everything down to blue it and re stock so i have a scope that hasnt been fitted to the rifle so its sat here so for the cost of postage you can use it till yours is done if needed, atb wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports