Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with falconry introduction, in Derbyshire

Help with falconry introduction, in Derbyshire

Hi
    This is a long shot however I've always fancied falconry but have no idea where to start. Is there anyone nearish to North Derbyshire who could give me a quick introduction. Land is no issue you can use any of my permissions.

Regards Oli

Check out www.falconryforum.co.uk
    If you have a suitable bit of ground for hawking of one type or another I'm sure someone will take you under their wing

Is it true falconry or flying hawks you're interested in?
    Might be able to put you in touch with someone.
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks

Give garlands a call and ask to speak to Ian Garland he breeds hawks and might be able to offer some advice.

jason

try actionhawks based in derby ar lass booked it last christmass cos ide always fancyed it had a great morning me an onother lad went went out with a pair off harris ferritin he knows his **** shame he couldnt take the gos out
    we may b human but were still animals

Quote Originally Posted by Oli223 View Post
    Hi
    This is a long shot however I've always fancied falconry but have no idea where to start. Is there anyone nearish to North Derbyshire who could give me a quick introduction. Land is no issue you can use any of my permissions.

Regards Oli
    If you are still looking for an intro drop me a P.M

Ed

New Forest Wildlife Management

You could try Terry Large Falconry Displays. Cheers, K

Thanks for replies, I'm not really after a " experience day out" I could just do with an idea of where to start with the hobby. Even simple things like can you keep birds in a brick shed or will it need heating.Whether the birds make lots of noise. I'm a keen bird watcher and have never known birds of prey to be particularly vocal, however if they are noisy it's a non starter as the neighbours will moan. I will try some of your suggestions to get some answers.

Regards Oli

Swinscoe
    Ashbourne
    Derbyshire

Speak to Mike, at Calton Moor Range, Swinscoe, you can PM him on this site he's a trade member. I'd be astonished if he didn't know of someone nearby. You should be able to google Calton Moor Range for his phone number.

He certainly helped my daughter a few years ago when she was flying her Harris...until the kids came along and time availability took it's toll. ATB
    Last edited by deeangeo; 30-12-2012 at 11:12.
    Blaser K95 Luxus Kipplaufbüchse .25-06Rem. Zeiss 8x56, 110gn Nosler Accubond = Game Over!

Try David stretton as well as doing DMQ 1&2. His son does a lot with hawks I think he may be able to help