Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residential firearms discharge in Dalkieth Edinburgh

Residential firearms discharge in Dalkieth Edinburgh

Hardly newsworthy when it happened over a month ago and the householder didn't bother his arse to report it until 3 days after the event.

Call me cynical but if he did not report it to the police his broken window would be repaired at his expense and not courtesy of his home insurance.

Or maybe its me and I've missed something?

When they say Firearm do they perhaps mean naughty Boy with an Air Gun?

Yorkie.

Would have been nice if they had said what caused it rather than a generalised "firearm" as this could be misleading the public and causing unnecessary stress to the residents when as rightly said above by Yorkie it could have been an air rifle!

That is one thing that really pisses me off when the police class a air gun in incident as a firearm !
    Im sure the stats would be very different if they were classed separately as they should be

J1984

An air rifle is a firearm.

frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    J1984

An air rifle is a firearm.

frank
    how? i uses air so i think its ludicrous to class it as a firearm, and surely if they were you would need to have a cert for them

J1984

A lethal barrelled weapon as defined in the Firearms Act. You might be surprised at how many deaths are caused by air weapons!

Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Homes View Post
    J1984

A lethal barrelled weapon as defined in the Firearms Act. You might be surprised at how many deaths are caused by air weapons!

Frank
    sir I have no doubt that air wepons i the wrong hands can be and are lethal, and im surprised that they re counted as firearms though by thier very nature ( using air ) . I sttill think the police should class them seperately as regards incidents to aviod panicing the public and stirring up negative feeling towards firearms

It must really tick the liberal press off to know that despite all the fear spreading they do regarding firearms. Legal owner ship and FAC applications is on the rise.

A case in piont here.

My wife was scared *****less by guns. Until I got mine.

Now she would like to try small bore target shooting and have ago with a shotgun(she's on her own there, I never had one and only fired one for about 2hours at Steve Beatys once, good fun though) oh and when she eventuly gets to the US next time a go on Muirs AR15.

So the anti bull seams not to be working. At least in my house!!!