Advice needed

Roebuck270

Advice needed guys, over two years ago someone asked if they could use land of which i have the rights to shoot deer, fox and vermin. He needed it to apply for his FAC. I agreed but put the condition he was not allowed to shoot alone, i must be present. His FAC was granted and my name and FAC number was entered onto it and stated he must only shoot with me. Well in those two years he has once zeroed his rifle once been out for a bit of bunny shooting and once to use some ammo on a target. I have told him he must use his rifle more often as he risks loseing his FAC the guy does not seem interested and says he cant as has no transport, with the lack of interest i want my name taken off his FAC but this may risk his FAC,
really not sure what to do,

Is he using this rifle anywhere else?, if not I would certainly speak with his f.e.o., if he doesn't have any interest as in the original application, what does he need it for, unless he is a club range member, again making at least three range visits a year.

He tells me he does not use the rifle anywhere else. He is not allowed to use it unless im present, it states that very clearly on his FAC. I have said time and time again to come out but like i say he has only been 3 times in two years.

Speak directly with him & try to find out if it is really a cost issue?............ a dormant firearm would always raise doubts for me if I was the named individual.

Advice needed guys, over two years ago someone asked if they could use land of which i have the rights to shoot deer, fox and vermin. He needed it to apply for his FAC. I agreed but put the condition he was not allowed to shoot alone, i must be present. His FAC was granted and my name and FAC number was entered onto it and stated he must only shoot with me. Well in those two years he has once zeroed his rifle once been out for a bit of bunny shooting and once to use some ammo on a target. I have told him he must use his rifle more often as he risks loseing his FAC the guy does not seem interested and says he cant as has no transport, with the lack of interest i want my name taken off his FAC but this may risk his FAC,
really not sure what to do,

Well I think youve 3 options. Either do nothing as you cant force anybody to go out with you its not your fault and you cant be held responsible for the lack of use. Or write a letter to get his permission removed which will no doubt result in his ticket being revoked. Or the third way would be to produce another permission letter stating he can go himself, now this may work if as you say he isnt bothering going out.

Nutty

Nutty, When his FEO fist contacted me she told me as he would not be allowed to use the rifle unsupervised, thats why my name and cert number was placed on his FAC. If i can not be held resposible for him not useing it then i think the best all round thing is for me to keep my mouth shut. But as i have done nothing but help when it comes to renewal i will refuse to be on his FAC

Nutty, When his FEO fist contacted me she told me as he would not be allowed to use the rifle unsupervised, thats why my name and cert number was placed on his FAC. If i can not be held resposible for him not useing it then i think the best all round thing is for me to keep my mouth shut. But as i have done nothing but help when it comes to renewal i will refuse to be on his FAC

If I were in your position then I would do nothing. Come renewal time, of he hasn't used the rifle very much I think he might lose it anyway. As you say he can't use it when you're not there its pretty low risk just sitting in his cabinet, unless you have other concerns regarding his suitability for possession of a firearm?

By renewal time the Police may think that he has had enough time to gain the necessary experience so that your details are no longer needed.
Usually on this site people are moaning about having their permissions violated or stolen.
Perhaps he is having a bad time financially, however, that is not your problem so do not add to his.
Your suggestion `to keep your mouth shut` is very sensible and seems to be the best option.

HWH.

If your offer to allow him to shoot on your land is still OK with you why do anything. You made this offer and it is up to him to use it or not. There may well be good reason apart from a lack of interest in shooting that is stopping him from going out more often. Basically you have given him 5 years to find his own ground. What you do at the time of his renewal is your decision.

I think thats a good decision.

Nutty

By renewal time the Police may think that he has had enough time to gain the necessary experience so that your details are no longer needed.
Usually on this site people are moaning about having their permissions violated or stolen.
Perhaps he is having a bad time financially, however, that is not your problem so do not add to his.
Your suggestion `to keep your mouth shut` is very sensible and seems to be the best option.

HWH.

i agree with this answer
, i would wait till it come to renewal time and keep stoom at the moment as its no skin of your nose , when renewal time comes just tell the fao the truth the lads not really been out shooting with you much , they should be able to see from his amuntion purchases on his ticket that hes not using it much, maybe this is finacial we all fall on bad times maybe its just the lads lost intrest if so he will probably wont renew his ticket,

Cheers guys thanks for the advice, im gonna leave him to it and keep my mouth shut. Happy New Year guys. :D

Back